Marquee screen saver for Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon08

"Marquee" is a screen saver that I've missed since switching to Vista, therefore I was wondering if there's any way to "import" this screen saver to Vista??

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, it does work, but it has some additional stuff rolling over the screen like how many days remaining till X-mas etc., it says "Marquee Plus"...

Any way you could find the classic Marquee screen saver?

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: got it to work now, thanks!!

Probably

But isn't that one better ?

It sounds better. You might be able to change all the options once setup (if it sets up in Vista)

Edit:

Cool :)

Aaaaahhh, but it doesn't recognize Chinese characters...........Instead it displays a bunch of weird signs...... :(

Any way that could be fixed....?

Now you're pushing it :)

Aren't you writing in English right now ?

Anyway, it's the best I could do

I don't like searching for Screen Savers actually :rolleyes:

Good luck
I hope others reply too

Hi everyone and thank you so much kimsland for helping me find the Marquee. I downloaded it and added a message (which it took) but how to I edit it and get rid of that days to Christmas thing? I like the date and time but the other I would like to go. Can you help? I am so glad I found this great Techspot and you. Thanks ClamBarLover 01/10/09

Go to the Windows\System32 directory on any XP machine and copy the
desired ssmarque.scr screensaver to a flash drive. (ideally a flash drive)

On the Vista machine you go to Windows\System32 as well and just paste it in
that directory. On the file after you paste it, right click and click on
Install (should be at the top).. That should be it. Enjoy!

Thank you Kim. I did as you said and my message is there but so is the other one. It doesn't seem to give me the chance in settings to alter it. Like I said I like the clock and date thing but the Christmas is just too much. :) Any suggestions? Thanks ClamBarLover 01-11-09

Marquee is working

Hi again. I figured it out.
First Vista had a problem with screensavers working with a wireless mouse. I downloaded their fix and it is up and running.
Second I can now see that the date and time and Christmas thing only activates in the beginning. So now my message reigns!!
I love having my marquee up and running again. It has been almost a year until I found you.
Take care and thank you so much. ClamBarLover 01/11/09

Heres where mine are

I have XP Home and these files.
Works perfectly.
:)

Attachments

• screensaver.jpg
    screensaver.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 10
I'm uploading the Marquee, so as others can test, including ClamBarLover and jon08
I think this may work well ;)

Attachments

• Marquee.zip
    93.1 KB · Views: 106
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back