Media Center edition HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lludacrisboy

ok so i have Media Center Edition which i had to reinstall the Whole O.S. and now when i go to watch LIVE tv on my computer i get this message.

"Video Error
The video decoder is either corrupt or not installed. please restart media center an/or the computer. If the problem persists go to help for additional info."
i get this message and ive tried everything i cant seem to figure out how to fix it so i can watch live tv. Please help. i think i have to buy the power pack of cyberdvd or something but not sure.
Thanks

Hi

assuming its a codec issue then download Power DVD the trial version, this will install the needed codec, and wont uninstall it even if you uninstall PDVD..

Regards

Yep, you need the decoder. For some reason Microsoft thought you didn't deserve a mpeg2 codec when you bought MCE so they make you obtain it on your own.

The good thing is you probably have WinDVD or PowerDVD on a disk somewhere (likely came with your computer or dvd drive) and once you install that it will work.

My Suspicions Are:

SNGX1275 said:
Yep, you need the decoder. For some reason Microsoft thought you didn't deserve a mpeg2 codec when you bought MCE so they make you obtain it on your own.
They couldn't steamroll somebody for the rights to the codec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back