Message from webpage Object doesnt support this property or method

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuamays

when surfing the net i often get a popup box reading Message from webpage Object doesnt support this property or method. some pages are unable to load. the page will say its connecting, but it never does. for the most part all pages work. it appears to be mostly links from other pages that arent loading properly.

the only major changes that i have done recently are downloading the latest version of directx9.c, removing hardware (nvidia drivers), restarting and booting into safemode and using driver cleaner pro to delete any old driver files and then reinstalling the newest drivers.

my video card might be defective. (still in process of diagnosing it)

how do i get rid of the dialogue box and ensure that my web pages will properly load? thx.

i have figured out that i can right click on a link and choose the option "open in new tab". when switching over to the new tab i will still get the dialogue box, but the page will load.

Right click on your browser icon before logging on and click "Start with No Add-ons." I find it works for me in not freezing my browsing and I am able to open multiple tabs.

By the way, have you used the free utility from MajorGeeks that will test your video RAM?

your message should be very browser specific; ie it appears in Firefox or Opera but not IE.
Can you test the same URL in another browser and which one is failing?

Also update your java runtime files from Sun. Depending upon what you are trying to browse, it could also be outdated software for dispaying adobe quicktime, adobe flash player and any number of other supporting items used by your browser.

thx for replies all much appreciated. i actually just wiped my hdd and did a clean install of win 7 ultimate. no more problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back