Microsoft details Xbox One controller features

Shawn Knight

TechSpot Staff
Staff member
Microsoft on Thursday released more details about the controller that will accompany the Xbox One later this year. The gamepad was shown and discussed briefly during the company’s reveal event last month but naturally, a lot of the finer details...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/52820-microsoft-details-xbox-one-controller-features.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

ikesmasher

TS Evangelist
I dont want the controller joystick to require as little effort as a PS3 controller joystick though. Whenever I use one of those, im all over the place >_>

Reactions: St1ckM4n

LukeDJ

TS Evangelist
I wonder if the A B etc buttons have pressure sensitivity, or if that's a Sony patent.
I'm fairly sure neither next-gen controller will have pressure sensitive buttons, as not many games took advantage of the PS3 pressure sensitive triggers.

ghasmanjr

TS Booster
I dont want the controller joystick to require as little effort as a PS3 controller joystick though. Whenever I use one of those, im all over the place >_>
I find sniping so much easier on the PS3 for games like CoD.

"Microsoft said the data transfer rate between the console and the controller has been improved which in many cases will result in audio that?s clearer than talking on a phone."
I'm calling shenanigans on this. It's highly doubtful that the voice will be "clearer than talking on a phone". As of right now, I almost have to use Skype from my computer to be able to talk to my xbox friends because the voice chat currently sucks so badly. I can see Microsoft refining voice chat, but I doubt they'll revamp it to better than a cell phone.