Microsoft Document Imaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Route44

My earlier post from a few days ago was an inquiry about OmniPage 15 because I was looking for a Optical Character Recognition software that would allow me to scan and edit texts and then save in at least save as a Word.doc

I was not aware until today that Microsoft has their own OCR program built into Office which they also call Document Imaging. So...

I went and followed the online instructions of Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools and then Microsoft Office Document Imaging. I was also told that to see the OCR options, I needed to click the Tools menu and choose Options. Click the OCR tab. Click OK.

Well I got to my Office 2003 Word and 1) I saw no "Microsoft Document Imaging" choice. Also, when I clicked tools and then options there is no OCR tab. Nada. None. Now I do have Windows XP SP2 Pro OS and my Office version is the 2003 Teacher/Student version which is a full package standard office suite. It is fully legit because my wife is a full time teacher and I have two children in school. Microsoft fully recognizes my version so this is not an illegal copy.

Is it because it is the Teacher/Student version that it doesn't have an OCR program or am I big time missing something? Thanks.

I bought the business manager version month ago and it has that feature wada ya know
and I think it would be on the pro version as well
my girl friend has that one I'll check
that gives me 3 programs to play with, like I have the time
may need to check the discs I load everything
I'm fast approaching the 1tbit mark no ide's no sata
all scsi

Thanks tons, Samstoned. I appreciate your help. I know a whole lot more about hardware than software. I just can't figure out how to access the OCR. You would think it would be clear cut but I must be missing something. The logical thing would be that one scans and images through Word Office.

Thanks again. This is driving me nuts!

UPDATE: Samstoned, it was never installed at my initial clean install of XP Pro on this rig! I had to manually install it and I was missing a key step. Thanks again and I hope I caught you in time before you spent time working on this. Again, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back