Microsoft Predicts Victory Over Sony In Console War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

Microsoft has predicted that the Xbox Next would supersede the PlayStation 3 as the world's top gaming console.

"Speaking to reporters after Tuesday's Microsoft Partner Conference, the Microsoft CEO predicted victory in the next-gen console war."

I dont see why xbox isnt doing better than ps2 already? Or even why people say xbox games suck. pgr2 and rallisport is way better than gran turismo..and xbox's version of rainbow six 3 was a million times better. Lets face it, playstation 2 graphics look like *** compared to xbox and most of the games are pretty darn good. I'm no fanboy because I own every system..just stating facts.

X-box is a great system for those who want to upgrade their computer, but not have the money to do so... that's my opinion. Except for Ninja Gaiden, any game on X-box that I want to buy will come out on PC and look 1000 times better... Silent Hill 4, Riddick, Halo 1 & 2, KOTOR 1 & 2, Marrowind... Even Conker Live And Uncut is having rumors to coming out on PC now.

I am willing to spend the money to upgrade and maintain my system top of the line. What Microsoft needs in order to beat out Playstation are more exclusive games like Ninja Gaiden in order to keep it going... they also need better people to port other games from PS2 on it. Cause someone here posted that "Playstation looks like *** compared to X-box". I guess he hasn't seen the X-box version of MGS2, which looks like *** compared to the PS2 version.

I have owned both versions of mgs2 and to me the xbox version is much better and on top of that has more features than the ps2 version. Oh and I forgot to mention the xbox live service that xbox has. Playstations online games dont even come near xbox's ..playing playstation online is always so laggy, plus its much harder to find servers to play on and i very rarely see any lag while using xbox live.

That's not what reviewers have said from what I've seen, they say there is slow down due to the intense rain effects on the outside of vessel you start at in the beginning of the game.

X-box live is something that both Nintendo and Sony should learn from, as it might also offset the costs on the system if they did. Sony is claiming PS3 will be $500 or so because of how much it is to pay for the system to make. A service like X-box live on PS3 might help offset the cost and help sales of the system to normal buyers who just don't want to spend $500. Kinda like an E-machine or those nifty Best Buy computer deals where you save 300$ off the system by buying a long-term online contract. This is something infact all three developers should concider if the $500 price tag is common in the next gen system war.

But overall X-box live isn't a service I would concider getting because of how I am with my PC games. I won't buy an X-box anytime soon simply because there isn't enough unique titles in this country for it.

If you think it's sad X-box in America isn't beating Sony, go to Japan where the sales are downright miserable. It's the least selling system in that country by and far. It's the god honest truth, but the Japanesse laugh at our American game console like they laugh at our American cars.

Not all games are about graphics, also, PS2 and Gamecube have the funnest games on their systems. So far Tecmo is the only one really dedicated to X-box with Dead Or Alive and Ninja Gaiden. Where's the Final Fantasys? Devil May Crys? Resident Evils? They aren't on X-box at all, and if they do get a good game like MGS2, they don't get MGS3 or the followups... Just like X-box got Onimusha... where's Onimusha 2 and 3! Silent Hill 2 and 4! But where's 3? That's another damning aspect to X-box, is that if it does get good Japanesse titles, it only gets half the series.

X-box will never go anywhere if it doesn't get better titles, more huge exclusive titles, and more complete series lineups. The graphics on X-box 2 could make CGI movies like Finding Nemo and Final Fantasy Movie look sad by comparison, but the plain truth is if there are no game worth buying no one will care. Ask Sega, Nokia, and 3do about that one.

Well I know the Xbox has it's ups and downs but personally I'm a big fan of it and Xbox Live.

For starters they are always updating that thing and are comitted to keeping it around. Secondly Xbox has its own Devil May Cry game... it's called Ninja Gaiden....as for RPGs....yes they are lacking..but I hope Fable and Sudeki help that out in the upcoming months (and weeks for Sudeki).

Also let's talk about a few other titles such as (and here it comes) Halo 2 and Doom III.

Every console has there go to games
Gamecube has Zelda and Mario
Ps2 has Final Fantasy and GTA San Andreas
Xbox has Halo, Fable, Doom III.

That whole bit about the Ps2 costing 500 bucks I can't believe that. I dont see people shelling out 500+ (can't see Ps2 selling a 500 dollar system for 300...that's just insane).

Hey I'm fine with X-box, I was just commenting to Unregistered's question of why X-box isn't doing as well.

As well as I am pointing out why I don't own X-box, because of the huge amount of X-box games that are on PC and look millions of times better and smoother. Halo looks better on PC, KOTOR looks better on PC... Riddick, Halo 2 and Doom 3 will look millions of times better on PC when they come out as well.

And pure PC gamers like me know this, and might shell out the cast for a X-box if they got more exclusive titles.

In fact that's what I am waiting to find out before I buy an X-box or not... is the fate of Conker Live and Uncut. Cause I won't buy a system for one game, which is Ninja Gaiden... yes there are a couple games on X-box I'd like, but the only must own is Ninja Gaiden, and I can wait till X-box 2 for that. But the Conker PC rumors have shown up as Microsoft announced they are assisting Rare make PC games now. Riddick was a must own title for X-box I wanted till their PC announcement as well.

Well that is a strong case you present.

I guess I just love sitting at my TV playing with a few friends (or Xbox Live) than playing at my PC. If I ever have the choice of a game on the PC or Xbox I usually go with the Xbox, except with Doom III. I really haven't seen how well it performs on the Xbox..but I am quite interested..

I think I'll have my ATI card have a crack at Doom III this time around and maybe when Xbox 2 comes out i'll dedicate to full gaming.

I think Sony will have a real fight to stay #1 with PS3.

When PS2 was released Sony did a great job of convincing people that there was no real alternative to their new amazing console and talked all sorts of trash about what it would be able to do.

Remember the chip in it was nicknamed the "emotion engine" because it was going to insert real feeling and emotions into its games through amazingly lifelike characters and could display 35 million textured polygons a second with all sorts of effect turned on.

People started to realise now there is more to life than playstation, despite what sony have said, especially when the Xbox turned out to be a real alternative, and vastly more powerful.

Ah sitting on a couch... You got me on that one. ^_-

So many times lately I wish I had that while playing Far Cry, Final Fantasy XI PC, or Hitman: Contracts.

I went to E32004 and played Final Fantasy XI PC on a couch like... thing... made of plastic while it was shown on a huge flat screen plasma unit. That's how I want to play my PC games. :(

Also played Doom 3 on X-box, in my opinion it looked alot better then Riddick did, but not by much. But there is conciderable framerate loss on intense battles in some places. It's also scary as hell, if you've ever played a PC game called System Shock 2... expect a similar scare.

I go where the games go regardless of the hardware. What Xbox is missing is good adventure / role playing games. Especially an Anime flavored games.

I also prefer Sony's model of on-line games. Developers choose if it's free or paid over a flat monthly fee (Xbox Live).

I am also fearful of what Microsoft would do to games. There are very little bugs / issues with the console's or games due to the development and testing (fear of a recall) but considering Xbox live "updates" and patches the xbox or if in the future, allow you to patch a game, I can see console games being released that are buggy / issues from the start.

I do know that PS2 updated stuff with the HDD but if I didn't have it, all the games (less FFXI) would still run great.

I have an extensive game collection and I will opt for PC versions of games (instead of an Xbox or PS2 version) and see very little games that I would want to get for Xbox at this time.

Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli
X-Box vs PlayStation 2 vs PC vs GameCube vs X-Box 2 vs PlayStation 3 yadda yadda yadda...

Yeah everyone should know it is still all about the Coleco Vision.

Well, if Sony starts beating Microsoft, then I guess Bill will just buy them.

:)

no ones gonna "win" because microsoft and sony will not mess up like sega.

sega lost

so far, thats the only looser in the console war

Originally posted by Unregistered
Well, if Sony starts beating Microsoft, then I guess Bill will just buy them.

:)

Or if they don't start beating them... Might as well do the same thing!

Originally posted by Unregistered
no ones gonna "win" because microsoft and sony will not mess up like sega.

sega lost

so far, thats the only looser in the console war

There have been plenty of unsuccessful consoles... But I think Sega had the highest concentration of them. heh.

Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, 32x.. Am I missing one?

When they dropped support for Gensis, it was all downhill from there.

Originally posted by Rick
When they dropped support for Gensis, it was all downhill from there.

LOL, you make that sound as bad as when Microsoft announced it was dropping support for the Win9x OSes.:D

Sega dropped the Genesis to work on the Saturn, right ? I don't think Nintendo kept support for the NES once the SNES was out either.;)

Sega always has & is still good at making games, not game consoles. I'm glad they realised it & decided to concentrate on what it is they do well.

When sega dropped Genesis, it was about the same time Nintendo has discontinued the SNES too.

It would make sense, but it was Sega's only good console... :D

Sega CD was (almost) a total failure since its conception and devoting more effort into it wasn't going to help it.. It was just a bad platfom.

Then Dreamcast was born. Which had potential... Not sure what happened to it though.

But yeah.. Sega makes good (arcade) games. Which is probably where a lot of their revenue comes from these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back