Microsoft: Windows 8.1 will launch on October 18th

Scorpus

TechSpot Staff
Staff member
Microsoft has announced that Windows 8.1 will begin rolling out to users worldwide on October 18th at 12am New Zealand time (4am PT on October 17). The update will hit retail channels a day later, with new devices running Windows...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/53622-microsoft-windows-81-will-launch-on-october-18th.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

lipe123

TS Evangelist
Put the mudafkn start menu back for non-touch devices already!

Also "apps" belong on a cellphone get that junk off my computer!

G

"Unlike previous years, the RTM code will not be made available to TechNet and MSDN subscribers before the general launch in October".

Why bother subscribing? Thanks Microsoft, now you treat as EVERYONE as hackers/leakers.

Now I can't test the final release until the day the rest of world gets it. Well done

Maybe you should have just closed Edward Snowden's TechNet account.

Nobina

TS Evangelist
It's gonna sell at least better than Windows 8 cause everyone wants to get rid of 8. But it will never be as good as 7.

Railman

TS Booster
It's gonna sell at least better than Windows 8 cause everyone wants to get rid of 8. But it will never be as good as 7.
Sell better? I was under the impression that 8.1 is to be a free update. Do we know how MS will be packaging 8.1? Will they be selling 8.1 as a stand alone OS?

mailpup

TS Special Forces
Will they be selling 8.1 as a stand alone OS?
Probably. Just like Windows 7 is replaced by Windows 7 SP1. SP1 was a free update to the original Windows 7 but once released SP1 was included with Windows 7 copies manufactured afterwards.