MiniDumps during game Desperate Housewives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased the game Desperate Housewives, and now I am recieving mini-dump files. When the files show up, it completely closes game, when I go back on, sometimes I can play for a short time before getting another dump, at other times a dump comes right away. At first I just tried deleting the files, but quickly learned that did nothing. I have since cleaned with compressed air the cpu, did updates for sound and video card, updates for windows xp from microsoft, uninstalled and reinstalled games several times, and have attempted to contact the game company itself with no help. Please let me know if I have attached enough files, or if needs be I can certainly acquire some more if it would be helpful. I really am at a loss as to what to do, and really appreciate in advance any help with this matter.

View attachment DH 0.02.1287 01.03.2007 12.43.41 AM.dmp

View attachment 12355

View attachment 12356

View attachment DH 0.02.1287 01.07.2007 9.59.31 PM.dmp

View attachment 12358

pixieval said:
I recently purchased the game Desperate Housewives

Hi pixieval and welcome to the TS Forum:wave:

I had a quick look at your dump files and it seems to point towards some kind of fault of with the game itself.

A couple of suggestions,

Uninstall the game, create a folder on your computer and copy the contents of the CD to the folder and then reinstall it using the folder copy.

Go to the manufacturers website for the game and read the FAQ to see if there are any known issues with your video card / sound card, this includes using the latest drivers for the card as well as making sure you have an up to date version of DirectX.

Whilst your there check for any patches that may have been issued.

Regards

pixieval said:
Thank you so much, I will try your suggestions :)

Glad to help, feel free to repost a new thread with a link to this one, if for any reason you cant solve the problem.

Regards

Dude, theres a Desperate Housewives game? Th iats so desperate.

Pixieval, have you installed the game to the usual "Program Files" destination.
Also, running the game on a no-CD patch and not using the disk causes this. Im not accusing you of software piracy or anthing like that I just think that if this is ruled out then the problem may be bigger. Your dumps are looking consistant wich is good from a helping point of view. I'll look at them further and get back to you.

Sjbrand99 said:
Pixieval, have you installed the game to the usual "Program Files" destination.

From the dump

Loaded symbol image file: DesperateHousewives.exe
Image path: C:\ProgramFiles\BuenaVistaGames\DesperateHousewives\DesperateHousewives.exe
Image name: DesperateHousewives.exe
Timestamp: Wed Oct 18 00:30:04 2006

did you miss that bit of the dump..would you like the rest of it ?

Oh gimme a break i got a load of f***ing dumps and it 'aint the first thing i thought of. Besides atleast i no what im doing with them. 10 mins of concentrating and his problems will be fixed ay moi.

All of the minidumps are invalid and they are inaccessible by windbg. This is the symptom of hardware error (ie RAM or PSU). Run memtest to stress test the ram.

Hi

Really?

FAULTING_IP:
DesperateHousewives+33ec57
0073ec57 ?? ???

EXCEPTION_RECORD: ffffffff -- (.exr ffffffffffffffff)
ExceptionAddress: 0073ec57 (DesperateHousewives+0x0033ec57)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 00000000
Parameter[1]: 00000004
Attempt to read from address 00000004

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: STACK_CORRUPTION

PROCESS_NAME: DesperateHousewives.exe

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".

READ_ADDRESS: 00000004

BUGCHECK_STR: ACCESS_VIOLATION

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 00000000 to 0073ec57

STACK_TEXT:
0a6ff470 00000000 0000013d 00005300 0a6ff4a8 DesperateHousewives+0x33ec57

FAULTING_THREAD: 000003b8

PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS: STACK_CORRUPTION

FOLLOWUP_IP:
DesperateHousewives+33ec57
0073ec57 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner