Minidumps: Random Freezes and restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there.

I sure hope you can help me out here.
Every now and then my computer restarts by itself - When some program triggers it. It can be just at startup, at the welcome screen, or if I start a program or game. However, if the computer booted up ok, it keeps running fine until I start something that triggers a restart or freeze.

The funny thing is that if i set the FSB to 333 the problems all disappear. But then its only a 2500+ (I have an Athlon Barton 3200+ - not oc'ed). I have checked. It is a genuine Barton cpu with a fsb of 400.

Please help me out here. I have tried everything. New rams, cpu, bios setup, Psu - You name it!

I dont think its a temperature fault - The cpu never exceeds 46 @ full load.

My System:
Athlon XP 3200+
MSI K7N2 Delta2 Platinum
Kingston 1 Gb HyperX Dual Ram
Asus GeForce 6200
Chill-Innovations 400W PSU

Please help me out here.

Thanks

Waldorf

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

3 minidumps crash with a bugcheck of 9C. 1 minidump crashes with a bugcheck of 7F, and 1 minidump crashes with a bugcheck of D1.

You have some kind of hardware problem.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your ram/hard drive/page file.

Here are the meaning of your bugcheck codes.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I have already done all of those things. Came here as a kind of last resort. My memtest passes fluently 8 times when im running at 333 FSB but at full speed(400) there are loads of problems. It even hangs som times.
Nothing is wrong with the hard drive. Runs through both chkdsk and a drive analyzer.
The only thing I can think of which could be faulty, is the cpu. If thats the case, do I need a new one?

Thanks again ;)

Unfortunately your minidumps don`t tell us what hardware is faulty.

It really is a case of elimination.

It could be anything from ram/psu to mobo/cpu.

I wish I could be more specific, But I can`t.

Regards and good luck Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back