Misc. news from around the web

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Intel to reunite notebook, desktop chip architectures. In the past, notebook chips derived from desktops. But with power consumption a growing problem, the desktop family will now come out of notebook designs.

Bill Gates: Hardware to Be Nearly Free in 10 Years & Longhorn Likely to Slip to 2006.

Cisco Systems issued a security warning this weekend to customers after new software code was published on the Internet that targeted certain vulnerabilities on several of its networking products.

"Windows XP Box", a full system running inside the software product box, that is, crazy modding here.

Atari closes down WizardWorks, the publisher responsible for numerous budget hunting game franchises.

Microsoft Cuts Xbox Price Cut by $30, no doubt Sony is expected to follow.

last time i checked, microsoft losses $10 or sumthing for every x-box sold, so wtf are they cutting the price?

They make money by selling all the add on crap you have to buy if you want it to do anything other than play sp games. And also no doubt they collect royalties from games sold that are made by other vendors.

Originally posted by somekid007
last time i checked, microsoft losses $10 or sumthing for every x-box sold, so wtf are they cutting the price?
Not only what sngx1275 said, but their tactics in business has been for a long time to sell products in bargain prices, sometimes giving them for free, just to gain market foothold. Then when the market is theirs, they can rip anything they want from customers who are now 'locked' into their products. Microsoft isn't the leading manufacturer in game console market yet, so I wouldn't be surprised to see more price drops and special offers from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back