MOBO Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first system build so I apologize if this is a dumb question. I have finished the build of my PC with an Intel 945Psn mobo. My problem is this, I have loaded windows xp onto my hard drive just fine. However, now that windows is loaded it does not recognize my cd drive, it is recognized in Bios and I am certain I just need the drivers for the Lite On drive, which are online. Now I can't get online as the drivers for the motherboard are on cd, and since my mobo has onboard lan I am incapable of getting on line to retrieve any needed drivers. In short I need the Lan to get the cd rom to work and I need the cd rom to get the Lan to work. I was thinking that I could download the drivers onto another PC and use a memory stick, however, I'm not certain if the USB ports will work until I have used the mobo drivers disk. Or could I connect the new system directly to my old and transfer the drivers that way.

Did you install windows onto the hard drive using a different machine?

If so, boot your computer up with the XP Cd in, and run the "repair" utility. That should fix you up.

Let me know if I am misunderstanding you here...

Or are you saying that you can load windows on your computer, but after you install windows, suddenly the CD drive stops being recognized?

I'm certain you won't find optical drive drivers for XP on the Liteon website. Windows XP should have the necessary driver for your Liteon drive. I recently conducted such a search myself on the Liteon site. My problem turned out to be an IDE controller driver issue, not an optical drive issue but that's when I found there were no updated drivers.

DonNagual said:
Did you install windows onto the hard drive using a different machine?

If so, boot your computer up with the XP Cd in, and run the "repair" utility. That should fix you up.

Let me know if I am misunderstanding you here...

Or are you saying that you can load windows on your computer, but after you install windows, suddenly the CD drive stops being recognized?

I am saying that I was able to use the cd drive to instal windows and now that it has been installed I can not see the cd drive in windows. Thus, I can not use the Intel driver disc, or install any other drivers.

There are devices in the manager for the ide primary, secondary etc. that are apparently functioning. There is not a recognized driver, however, such as D: in the device manager. Could this have anything to do with the Intel drivers that I have not yet installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back