Mobo handles LAN connection very oddly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_am_a_newbie

Well, seeing as how my internet setup is very odd by itself, I'm not expecting to find an answer, but it would be nice.

Anyways, on to my problem.

I have my internet run through a router, and to two computers. It's a LinkSys router, and worked fine with my old PC(some sony piece of junk). Anywho, I've built a new PC with the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe and the net is kinda hard to get working.

My Ip isn't 192.xx.xx.xx or so, it's an actual 24.xx.xx.xx type IP, and sometimes my mobo doesn't recognize it properly. It requires me either disabling/re-enabling the LAN thing in network places until it gets the right IP, or disconnecting/reconnecting the cable until it does. Sometimes works in one try, sometimes in quite a few.

That's where it gets annoying...sometimes it takes FOREVER to get my PC connected to the internet. Also annoying because someone in my family is a real ******* and looooves to disconnect the LAN cable on my side, causing me to do the process over again(usually takes ~1 hour).

If anyone would shed some light on my problem, it would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

Also, if it's notable, I cannot access the router at all from my PC using the browser or any method(to clarify; typing 192.0.0.1 or something in the browser).

First of all your motherboard does not work with IP addresses or network settings. you should be working with the property sheet for the Ethernet card (Which might be built in , but still referred to as such)
Next, Every Lynksis I have seen Uses the 192.168.1.1 access for the Setup pages and you must go there in order to setup properly. If you do not have an owners manual , download one from Lynksis.
I suspect you have automatic settings Checked , but That amongst other settings will not matter until you access the router.

Liquidlen said:
First of all your motherboard does not work with IP addresses or network settings. you should be working with the property sheet for the Ethernet card (Which might be built in , but still referred to as such)
Next, Every Lynksis I have seen Uses the 192.168.1.1 access for the Setup pages and you must go there in order to setup properly. If you do not have an owners manual , download one from Lynksis.
I suspect you have automatic settings Checked , but That amongst other settings will not matter until you access the router.
I've tried that actually; and as I've said, it's impossible to access that from either computer on the router(I got the address wrong because I haven't tried in a while).

And I realize it isn't the mobo, but it's integrated LAN so I referred to it as the mobo.

You might have to try Lynksis tech support, I know there may be some dialect struggles , but in a couple extreme instances I have had success.
Also on a couple of occasions, I have had to type the "http:\\" prefix into the url bar followed by the 192...... after you press the Stop icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back