Modem+router+switch+wireless router

Ztraider

Greetings!

I have a problem. I have a cable modem CISCO 2100, INTELLINET wired router, D-Link 10/100 switch. Modem is connected to router along with 3 other computers, switch is connected to router along with 2 other computers. Now all that works fine.
When I try to connect my TELINDUS 1132 ADSL wireless router to switch, I can't access the wireless router, which is http://192.168.1.1/. Why I do this? Because I want to setup my wireless router to work with my laptop in a wireless way, but I can't even access the router.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Without the wifi connected, use IPCONFIG /ALL and look for the Gateway address - - that should be your 192.168.1.1[*]

Now connect any computer directly to a lan port on the new wifi router BUT leave the WAN port empty!
Again use the ipconfig and look at the Gateway address - - it MUST NOT BE 192.168.1.1 - - that would create a conflict.

While connected like this, change the router address (say 192.168.2.1), limit the DHCP range to something like 2-16, set a new admin password and save the configuration. You will need to login again and now setup the WiFi SSID and passphrase for your encryption. Disable Remote Management and do not allow port 8080. Save the configuration once more.

Now you can add the WiFi router, but let's talk about the wiring.

You now have
Code:
Modem=Router#1--Switch--devices(3)
	|
	+--- more stuff(2)
The TELINDUS 1132 ADSL is intended to be a modem+router so you will need to
connect a LAN slot on the TELINDUS 1132 to a LAN slot on a switch. (leave the DSL connection empty).

Code:
Modem=Router#1--Switch--devices(3)
	|	  |
	|	  +---- TELINDUS 1132 . . . WiFi Connections
	+--- more stuff(2)
ALL your devices will now be controlled by the 192.168.1.1 router shown at the top[*].
The new wifi router on 192.168.2.1 will control the WiFi access, but never assign an IP address. This creates a single LAN subnet and any active device can be configured for all windows Print/File Sharing.

I tried that and I still can't connect to wireless router.

192.168.2.1 is address of my first wired router.

192.168.1.1 was supposed to be the address of wireless router according to manual.

The WiFi<-(wired)->PC without any other connections *must* work or the WiFi router is dead. Notice, you MUST use a wired connection to setup the WiFi router.

If I connect all other pcs to wireless router, the router will work. If I try to access the wireless router to do necessary configurations for a wireless it won't allow me.

DISCONNECT the wifi router from everything else and connect any pc directly to the wifi so that nothing is connected to the PC.

Literally you have WiFi---Pc and there's no modem or switches attached.

And then what?

I just tried to directly connect cable modem with wireless router and I can't do that because the modems WAN cable can't be plugged into routers wan cable (incompatible probably), I even tried to connect in uplinks port of router to test it. Doesn't work either. Is it possible that they are incompatible?

Using WiFi-(rj45)---wired--(rj45)--PC,
get a command prompt and enter ipconfig and look for the Gateway address

Launch your browser and enter the address found as if it were a URL.
You *must* get a login prompt for the admin/password.

That works, that's the IP (192.168.2.1) of my wired intellinet router and I can enter if I enter my username and password.

I just tried to directly connect cable modem with wireless router and I can't do that because the modems WAN cable can't be plugged into routers wan cable (incompatible probably),
Of course - - the DSL uplink is RJ11 and Ethernet is RJ45 (about twice the size).

FYI; when wired correctly, your WiFi router will be acting like a switch, not a router precisely because the RJ11 slot is (and needs to be) empty.

That works, that's the IP (192.168.2.1) of my wired intellinet router and I can enter if I enter my username and password.
grrrrr - - some how you're not following my instructions. If this is true, then you are allowing

INTELLINET wired router --- TELINDUS 1132 ADSL --- PC​
NOT CORRECT; disconnect INTELLINET wired router from the TELINDUS 1132 ADSL

and only connect TELINDUS 1132 ADSL---PC

Fine - - it could be anything at all, but it *must* be different from that of the INTELLINET wired router. Change it to 192.168.20.1 just to be sure, and then follow the info in post #2.

Try this; find the reset switch - - it is usually a small hole near the ADSL rj11 connection. Press it for 5 seconds and it will reset the device.

Hmm - - I would be reaching for a very large hammer about now.

Sorry, perhaps someone else LOCAL to you can stop by and assist you.

Hey Ztraider.I would just connect the wireless router to the modem, and the switch to one of the routers LAN ports. You can then setup the wireless router with one of the attached pc's that is directly connected to the router.

The problem is I can't connect router with modem, cables are different of cable modem and adsl router.

The new router is ADSL and only has RJ11 - - a phone jack for input and (4) RJ45 ports :)

Back