Modum Problem: Sony w/ Lucent V 3.1.11.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some modem help with a year old Sony. The modem info I found says Lucent Technologies Soft Modem AMR. Driver version 3.1.111.0. ... Started off with error 633. Then went to error 680 (no dial tone). I've tried connecting to another phone line, different phone wires, checked the phone connected to the PC and it's not a phone line problem. ... It's showing under Com 3 and Com 1 is showing busy (and I don't know why for that either). ... My ISP told me to check for 'telephoni.ini' and walked me thru that. It's not showing. ... Problem started about a month ago for some unknown reason. Am on the old PC now. ... One thing that seems odd is that it keeps adding a 1 in to dial out in the set up thing. (Is that normal?) ... HELP! I'm far from knowing how these new tech things work. (Don't know how to put a transmission in a car either!) ... Donna

most ISP's give you a setup disk that installs a set up wizard.

the best thing to do is delete your existing dial up connection in netwrok connnections.

start/control panel/network connections

then redo the setup for your connection using your ISP's set up wizard/disk

if this fails to resolve the problem you may have a modem that is going bad I have had two do just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back