MOH Pacific Assault NVIDIA GeForce 5700 LE "HELP"

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMVlad007

I have just installed MOH PA and it runs slow as hell. I dont get what the problem is. I have a P4 2.7 GHz, 760 MB RAM, 320 gig hd, which is 90% empty, and the n-vidia geforce 5700 LE card with 256 MB on-board. I have the latest driver for the video card. Brand new intel motherboard that does infact support my processor. My computer is free of spyware and/or adware (i run adaware, microsoft anti-spyware, and all tests in norton systemworks 2005 including anti-virus every night, so i know my computer is clean). I also defrag using diskeeper daily. I have ram optimizers installed so i always coast at around 500 MB free. I always have a ton of programs running however most of them run in the background and do not show any processor usage in the task manager. When i run the game, it shows 100% cpu usage. my bus is 533. The geforce 5700 LE should be powerful enough to run the game fine at even very high resolutions, but it still runs bad at 800 by 600. I had experienced similar problems with Prince of Persia the warrior within, and some slow down in Doom 3. I am very pissed at how much work i've been putting into upgrading my pc and keeping it running well, and stuff like those games still dont run well. Can anyone help me figure this out, and perhaps suggest tweaks/upgrades (hardware) i could do to my computer to make it run faster?

You need to turn off any extra stuff thats running in the back ground. I made a seperate partition just for gaming. That way I could disable most of the Windows crap and dont have any programs installed except the games.

vegasgmc that's a good point I never thought of using my other drive to play games.

I also have the same problem exept it is battle field 1942 and I have a
2.0 ghz P4
1 gb ram (will only alow me to run it at 333)
256 mb nvidia graphics card

no spy ware, no viruses, shut off all background programs, and defrag and still its not smooth. playable but still when there's a lot going on things slow up :( then I get shot BAM

but one thing I think could be a problem is in my bios it appears my FSB is 100 mhz (ouch) I didn't even know they had 100mhz FSB P4's. But if this is true this would effect my game play right?

That processor runs on a 400mhz bus. Change the 100 to 200. Also make sure your RAM is running at the right speed.

but when i try to run the ram where it is suppost to be be running at 400 but when I run it at that game will quit about a min or 2 of playing them

oh cool so the 100 doesnt mean 100 mhz front bus. Will it run at 200? isn't that pushing it a lot more? I mean I have a fan going in and a fan going out but would there be a risk of over heat?

I tryed switching it to 200 and my computer just wont run on 200 so I just reset the cmos and put it back.

Abit V17 mother board:
supports 400/533/800 mhz fsb
supports 2 DIMM DDR 400/333/266

Graphics Card:
GeForce FX 5700LE
256MB
AGP 8X

RAM:
2 512mb sticks
184-pin dimm
PC-3200 (what ever that means)
400MHZ
does not say Manufacturer

Processor:
P4 2.00 ghz
took it out of a crappy emachine

the highest I can set it is at 115 and that makes it run at 2.3 ghz anything above windows will not start.

also where is says 100 under it it says the multiplyer is 20

isnt your processing speed the fsb times the multiplyer?

and if so this would mean that my p4 is 100mhz fsb right

therfore not fully compadible with my motherboard ha ha ha and that can't be good

hey i started this thread. i upgraded my ram to 1500 MB and 3d games still run ****ty. does anyone know how to properly configure the video card, because i think that's my problem. i have the latest driver. i tried running 3dmark test and it runs at 1 frame per second. there is no way my video card is that bad, someone help

there is a duplicate post of this one called GeForce 5700 LE HELP in the audio/video section. just reply in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back