Monitor goes blurry sometimes - but rare

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidosmosis

I have an HP75 monitor (Hewlett Packard) which was a free gift I was lucky enough to get that was stored in a warehouse not being put to any use. I've had it since around mid last year. Around November I left for a few days to be in a wedding. When I came back the monitor had some discoloration to it (it had been turned off for a while). By discoloration I mean the Red/Blue seemed to have been messed with. After about an hour it was fine. Then about a week ago the monitor started flickering and went blurry for several days and I could barely read it. Then suddenly it "fixed" itself and has been working fine for about a week now.

When I have the chance I am going to get a 19" anyway, but I'm kind of curious if anyone knows what the cause of this may be. I'm running at 1280x1024@75hz. When I got the monitor I looked online for the spec's to see which hertz settings could be used in the supported resolutions and I've been running it that way ever since so I'm hoping that multiple sources that I checked weren't wrong about the monitor spec's.

Anyway, just curious :p.

Is it one with 5-cable BNC-connectors rather than the standard VGA-plug?
Have you tried to "degauss" it (check in the monitor's menu), installed proper drivers etc?

Model: HP75 (D8900A)
H Freq/ V Freq: 30-86khz / 50-160 hz
Max Resolution: 1600 x 1200

I have seen this happen before due to bent or missing pins in the monitor cable. After bending them back into place all worked well. But of course if you didn't move the monitor, then that probably isn't the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back