Monitor goes dark then comes back on

RenGood08

Ok. Here at work I have dual monitors set up and I never had any problems but started up a couple weeks ago. I checked the Drivers and they are working properly. I've tested the connections from the monitor to the computer and all fine. But my screen with randomly black out then turn back on. Sometimes it just flickers a couple seconds back and forth. I've researched this topic and I just can't seem to find a solution. I've thought that maybe there's something up with a BIOS setting, but I don't think that'd be a problem, except maybe if I had a 3rd monitor. But its really annoying, not really disturbing anything. Just very annoying. Any advice or ideas?

Just use process of elimination.

Look through event logs to see if graphics drivers crashed. Use one monitor. Try another monitor. Try another cable.

I have a desktop computer. Not a laptop. My boss and I have been working on it. We changed the cables and either it made it worse or the cables were bad. Then we reconnected the old cables and it does it more frequently now and it gets hard to help clients remotely when my screen constantly blackens out. I can fix other peoples monitors, but mine is being stubborn.

Okay, what about the other suggestions? Use a single monitor only. Use different monitors. Try different output sockets on your computer.

Back