Monitor screen takes a long time to reach full brightness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know much about this kind of stuff. So I'm asking you guys. Why is my screen taking so long to brighten up? if I go afk for a bit and it hibernates it takes forever to brighten back up to 100%. If I shut it down and start it up it takes 4ever to brighten up again. Help. Is my monitor dying? I just swaped vid cards so I know it's not that. Is my cpu dying?

How old is the monitor ? the older a monitor gets the weaker it gets . It might still work for many more years but you never know it could die tomorrow ! so go ahead and start putting some money aside for a new screen . but see the positive side of this , you prbly wanted a bigger,nicer and better screen anyways , right ???

Be more specific - how long is "forever"? 30 seconds? 5 minutes? Six hours?

Also, how old is the monitor, is it CRT or LCD, and perhaps what brand is it?

Might try a know good monitor, your cpu should be fine. And have you tried to change any of the setting on the monitor like brightness or the contrast?
Good Luck:)

LOL, u provided us no information, not even how long until brightness is normal ,,,

The monitor needs to heat up a bit,,, then 15 or soo minutes later your brightness is @ good level ,,,, If u always leave it on, ull never get this problem.

THe EPROM on the monitor might be confused or somethin lol,

I wouldnt worry about this, your monitor is not gonna die anytime soon !,

Villsen said:
I don't know much about this kind of stuff. So I'm asking you guys.

tweakboy said:
LOL, u provided us no information, not even how long until brightness is normal ,,,

He said he doesnt know much and was just asking a simple question. Simmer down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back