Monitor will not power

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello i am new to the forums, joined because i need help.
i have searched these forums and found various issues similar but i cant seen to relate it totally to mine,
so this is whats happening with me.. my pc works fine, monitor fine, but what happens is, if i accidently turn my pc of, from mains, for electric cuts off, then when i go to to turn my pc on, everything powers up, but my monitor, it refuses to turn on, even after re doing the wires plugs and what nots it will not turn on, so i leave the pc, go to bed, i wake up and it turns on, it seems like i need to leave the pc dead for hours on end before the monitor turns on, like it needs cooling or summat, but before you say my power supply or fan, it is more then adequate, these are the specs for my pc
Intel® Core™i7 Processor i7-940 (4 X 2.93GHz) 4.8GTs/8MB Cache
4GB CORSAIR XMS3 1333MHz
ASUS® P6T DELUXE: DDR3, SATAII, 2 x PCI-e x16, 2 PCI, 1 x PCI-e x1
500GB SERIAL ATA II HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
RAID (HDD 1 & 2)
20x DUAL LAYER LIGHTSCRIBE DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
896MB GEFORCE GTX260 PCI Express + DVI
Sound Blaster® Audigy® SE with 7.1 Surround Sound (£19)
CoolerMaster CM Stacker 831 Silver Aluminium Case
600W Quiet Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£58)
ASUS TRITON 81 PURE COPPER BASE ULTRA COOLER
now it has done this from like day one which was bout 3months ago(i rarely turn my pc off) and it use to do this then aswell but i alwaya thought it was a setting in control panel to send the monitor to sleep so i had to kill power, take power plug out from pc and put it back in and it turned on, n now its gone beyond a joke,e even that doesnt work, and having to keep leaving my pc off for 10 odd hours just so i can use it, is getting ridiculou, that i have just gone and bought a new monitor thinking it is a monitor fault, and its doing the exact same thing, now the pc in under warranty but the hassle of sending it off and behind without my pc.. not something i want to do, i spoke to mate who said it might be i need some sort of patch to tell my pc to come of sleep mode for the monitor

can someone please help me

Turn off the monitor and after pulling the plug at the back of the power supply, try pressing and holding the "ON" button at the front of the case for about 5-10 seconds. Replug, turn everything on and see if it works.

Pop open your monitor and check the capacitors if you are out of warranty or are handy at soldering.

What kind of monitor is it?

If any are bloated at the top or opened up at the top, they are bad. But they can go bad without showing, in which you need a ESR meter to check them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back