Monmouth, UK set to become the world's first Wikipedia town

Leeky

TS Evangelist
Monmouth (Trefynwy), a small town in Wales, UK, known for being the birthplace of King Henry V looks set to make history once again, after Wikipedia announced it was to...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/48647-monmouth-uk-set-to-become-the-worlds-first-wikipedia-town.html"]Read the whole story[/newwindow]

TJGeezer

TS Enthusiast
<p>So, if I have nothing available to read a QR code I'm SOL?</p>
Hmm - a very sticky problem. Um... you could ask the tour guide? Maybe ask another tourist who does have a smartphone? Use the free WiFi with your laptop to ask Wikipedia? Do a little research ahead of time? I'm pretty sure one of those alternatives might work. But I don't know, since I've never been to Wales and am nervous about hearing actual people speak that beautifully musical, unspellable language of theirs in real time, so probably never will go.

G

weren't they in like panic mode to get funding earlier this year? =O
well well well...

ikesmasher

TS Evangelist
Will be awesome once all the info in wikipedia is made correct, back from the day where anyone was allowed to change stuff.

G

If you don't have something to read QR codes then you should do yourself a favour and UPGRADE your cellular device. :p Even many cheap tablets have access to app stores, giving you access to a QR code reading app.

Timonius

TS Evangelist
If you don't have something to read QR codes then you should do yourself a favour and UPGRADE your cellular device. :p Even many cheap tablets have access to app stores, giving you access to a QR code reading app.
Let's assume (since we are in the business of assuming) for a moment that one's device batteries are dead . . .