MOST Awesome Game, Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

conradguerrero

Look, I typed Period and then I put a Period!

ignore that, I'm arguing with my friend on which is the MOST Awesome Game. I say either Grand Theft Auto 3: Vice City or Civilization 3. HE says CounterStrike is the best game. Don't get me wrong the game is good but there's something about flying an army attack helicopter over a criminals car and having the CHOICE of either machine gun or twin air to ground missle fire that just keeps me guessing.

What do you think, be honest. we are in the same Calculus class and now when i'm not looking he writes "CounterStrike OWNS Civ 3" or "CounterStrike OWNS GTA3:VC" on my papers and I do the same when he's not looking.

TELL me what you think so I can shut him up.

PC: Starcraft Brood War
Mac: Escape Velocity (Original - Override was HUGE and I imagine Nova is even bigger)
NES: Super DodgeBall
SNES: MarioKart
N64: MarioKart64 :)
Gamecube: Probably MarioKart if it ever comes out. (at least I don't think its out yet)
Gameboy: Tetris
Boardgame: Checkers
Cardgame: Hearts (that way you don't have to worry about a stupid partner - i.e. Spades)

Battlefield 1942 was GOTY (PCG).

It's all a matter of opinion! Honestly, everyone has their own favorite games.

And be sure to remind him CS is just a lowly mod to Half Life...

PS2 = FFX
PC = UT i've been playing for 4 years nearly now i'd say. or FFVII :D
SNES = Mazza Kart :D for sure!

imo :D

It's quite hard to find one game, considering there's so many genres....

CS is a mod, and a quite good one too... But I guess I'd go for Team Fortress (for Quake)...

For civ's genre, my vote goes to Master of Orion (the original)...

FPS: Tough one... But Dark Forces: Jedi Knight was excellent :)

RTS: Either Dune 2, Warcraft 2 or C&C...

Flight/Space sim: Tie Fighter...

Adventure: Beneath a steel sky... (Too bad disk 21 of 24 never worked for me....)

RPG: Still undecided... (Most rely on too much Hack & Slash for my liking...)

Racing: Hi-Octane... Quite like Wipe-Out, but was released earlier (and pc only)...

.02$

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi
Adventure: Beneath a steel sky... (Too bad disk 21 of 24 never worked for me....)

Racing: Hi-Octane... Quite like Wipe-Out, but was released earlier (and pc only)...

.02$

I've got the complete Beneath a steel sky for the Commodore Amiga and an Amiga if you want to come over and play it ;)

Hi-Octane... used to run like crap on my early PCs.
Would be interesting to hunt it down and install it on my current PC...

FPS: MY favourite is Counter-Strike, but everyone has different tastes in complexity and action etc.

Racing : Gran Turismo 3

RTS: Command & Conquer

Flight Space Sim: Wing Commander/Privateer

RPG: Baldur's Gate II

Adventure: Monkey Island Series

One of my favorite games that I have played was Pool of Radiance 2: The Ruins of Myth Dranoor. I put about 40 hours into that, then I had to format my computer and forgot to back up my saved files, so I never reinstalled it. It would have sucked to replay everything I did already.

it reall all depends on what type of game you like.

for 1st person shoot - i say Novalogics DFLW and now blackhawk down are the best - i just prefer the style of the game.

Counter strike is likely on of the most popular online 1st person, along with quake III and unreal tournament. but with counter strike, i hate the whole "rounds" and crap. I FAR!! prefer tactical Ops for UT. - and with dflw - it is a longer game, your not stopping once everyone is dead and starting over again.

Perhaps when the new CS engines come out and the game is a little more updateded (better graphics) i will try it out again.

Civ 3 is a sweet game - i prefer it over any of the others like it, and always go back to this game now and then.

then u got like starcraft, or C&C - which are diff from civ 3. - just got C&C Generals, gonna give that a try out today.

i would say break it down into genre, and choose the best game you think for each genre of games.

Like most people are saying, it's like comparing freaking Apples & Oranges!! You could compare Vice City to the original GTA3 and then compare those to Driver or something. Or compare Counter-Strike to Unreal Tournament or whatever.......
BUT since we are on the topic, I would hafta go with Counter-Strike as my number one game.....I'm L337 at that game.. ;) ;)

NetHack
:)
scrn3b.gif

The best game has got to be Vice City, apparently they are adding new features for the PC as they did with GTA3. But all of that put aside, Star Wars KOTOR is gonna be HUGE, as is Splinter Cell when it finally comes out for the pc. 2003 is going to be a great year for gamers!

Soon I shall be playing Freelancer and Splinter Cell on the PC [if they run on my crappy TNT2 :) ] .....sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Best games?

There were so many good games on the N64...Goldeneye, Perfect Dark...but nothing drew me into the world more than Banjo Kazooie.
It may be a Mario rip-off, but it was damn good. I've only just got round to playing the sequel, Banjo Tooie...

Neither. GTA sucks in my opinion, and Civ3, well didn't like it. I am hard to please. Best game? Battlefield 1942... and I'm waiting on Star Wars Galaxies to come out, and Doom 3 sometime in the non-near future.

FPS/RPG: Deus Ex, UT (for the quick fix).

Space sim: Freespace 2.

Flight sim: Falcon 4, Jane’s F/A-18, Tornado (ahem), Il-2 Sturmovik (or I guess I should say “the return of the Messerschmitt”).

Racing: Motocross Madness 2, Superbike 2001.

Actually, we do get around, here in Techspot…

What about Windows XP ???

To me thats the best game of all. At the moment im on level 3, after just defeating the big boss on level 2 "The Blue Screen Of Death" monster with my trusty registry magic wand...

Surely its the most value for money game you've had??
How many hours have you been playing with it??

Well said rusty, now that I think of it, I must have spent thousands of hours playing XP errors. Wow, you got pretty far!! But I'm sure that "The Blue Screen Of Death" was in ME was it not. If not, maybe I have just not encountered it yet. I'm all excited!!!

Haha, most recent post on here was 4 years ago -.- Oh well, no1 will see my post :p But in MY opinion Space Invaders is the best game in the world. Frogger is up there as well as Asteroids :) But if I hafta pick out of those 3 I would so go for Counter-Strike ^^ Here's my listing:

FPS: Paintballing :D I consider it a game! :) (Video Game: Counter-Strike)
RPG: Classic, Pen & Paper D&D (Video Game: City of Heroes)
Racing: NFSU: 2 and MM: DUB Edition (I only play 'em to customize the cars)
RTS: Warcraft 2
Board: Chess
Cards: Magic The Gathering (Canasta for regular cards)

I know this is a dumb question... But what category do Space Invaders, Frogger, and Asteroids go under?! O.o

You do realize that when a post is replied to it gets bumped back up to the top, don't you?

Space Invaders, Frogger, and Asteroids all fall under "arcade".

What about...

Burgertime. Best hungry-man's game. :cool:

Warcraft 3, StarCraft, Command and Conquer 3 (just released), Battlefield 2, Galactic Civilizations 2: Dark Avatar are my favs so far.

Pretty much arguing anything when it comes to personal taste is not worth the time if you ask me. But if you want to argue just mention "Burgertime", that will stifle him. :cool:

poon

I think if you got laid you wouldn't be asking this question. There is more to life than beating your friend in a debate over the virtual world. Here's a question you should wonder, what would you rather have, big TI****S, or a nice A$* on a girl, post a reply to see what people like more.

TimeParadoX said:
Well... I can tell you what the worst games is!

World of Warcraft
I bow to that.
Bisirko said:
I think if you got laid you wouldn't be asking this question. There is more to life than beating your friend in a debate over the virtual world. Here's a question you should wonder, what would you rather have, big TI****S, or a nice A$* on a girl, post a reply to see what people like more.
Well, seeing as this thread's topic is "MOST Awesome Game, Period.", it doesn't seem fitting to discuss which part of the female body one finds more attractive in this thread.

That aside, my favourite games are F.E.A.R. Combat, and Supreme Commander ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back