Motherbaord overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own a arbit ms 6195 motherboard running an amd athlon 750mghz with a 250 watt power supply with a sound blaster pci128 sound card and a gefrce 3 ti-500. i ressently upgraded the vid card from a nvidia vanta 16 mb vid card and have owned the system for 2 years without any overheating.

my computer had been on a couple days and i was playing a game when suddenly the computer turned off. i tried to turn it back on but it immmedtiatly died off again. i remmoved the case to find that the computer waS very hot preticullarly the proccessor and some the power supply.

i let it cool for a few hoursand came back and tried to turn it on again. when i did it turned on but nothing came on the screen at all and it didnt make any of the sounds it usually makes when it starts up. i hit the reset button with no response. i checked and all the fans are working and removed all the components and proccessor and checked them and still cant get the computer to start properly.

it starts but nothing happens no booting bios or in safe mode or anything. nothing like this has ever happened in the past and i was wondering what happened. i am recieving a new motherboard and proccessor in a few days and am wondering if that will fix it or do i need a better power supply or what . if anybody could help me id apperciate it thank you!

(*paragraphed by mod)

Something probably died of the heat, if you have access to another comp you can try the peripherials one after another to find out what it is that is broke....

A 250 watts PSU seem a bit low for your system, even before the upgrade.

Maybe the TI500 took some extra power that the PSU couldn't give, making it fry. Try another PSU with a bit more juice ( 300 / 350 watts ).

Get a new PSU, 250W is too little for that configuration. I'd suggest going with a 350W. The PSU is probably partially faulted because of the heat.

I'm afraid to say it, but it may be your processor that died. A friend of mine fried his processor and the same thing happened. No noises from the pc speaker, everything sounded like it was going fine but we just couldn't see anything. Originally i thought it was the video card, so i started swapping them with ones i knew work, but when we swapped processors we finally figured out what it was. Good thing his was under warranty...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back