Motherboard Acer AST650

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakath

I'll see if I can sum this up.

Customer computer has been getting a BSOD of 0x0A and 0x8E

I have bought and installed new RAM before I knew about this issue, but anyways I did a memtest on the RAM and it has 80 errors currently (previous runs had 200+) I have taken the RAM and did a memtest in my system and it comes out fine.

Taken an air can and made sure to dust out the computer good. I've ran HDD diagnostic tools in the past on this computer and but I cannot recall the exact results.

I most recent issue that the customer had that made me pick it up was that the internet wasn't working, ipconfig showed "windows ip configuration" then nothing. Went through the "netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt" and also removing the winsock and winsock 2 folders in the registry and reinstalled tcp/ip from c:\windows\inf.

Internet started working once I put the RAM into the 2nd dim slot and thats when I started getting the 80 errors in the RAM instead of 200+...but since I tested the RAM in my computer, and then re-installed it into the 1st dim slot I am getting 80 errors there as well.

Ran a CPU test...can't recall the applications name, but its more like a stress test and it kept going and didn't stop for a good 15 minutes.

No bulging or leaking capacitors.

I know the order of the info is kinda all over, but I need to know what else I should look for to determine with better probability that it is the mobo.

Well I have had simlir problems in the past as well and from what you have said it would very much seem to be the motherboard. The only other thing I could suggest is the check the PSU

Did that, used my PSU tester and made sure the voltages were clean, and they were, one of the steps a forgot to mention =P

Mem. if it is bad but not completely out can have all kinds of problems. I once went nearly a year testing everything to find I had a bad set of mem. that would pass every test I could through at it. when it finally quit the computer would not even boot. at the worst in the middle of installing an OS I would get a BSOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back