Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard BIOS Help: Computer won't POST

Computer:
ECS 848P Motherboard
Intel Pentium 4 L775 Prescott 2.66 ghz
1gb (2x512) Corsair Value PC3200 DDR
EVGA 7600 GS 256 DDR2 128bit AGP x8

I recently purchased the EVGA 7600 so I can play Elder Scrolls Oblivion on my computer. After installing the card, I tried out Counter-Strike Source, and Brothers in Arms, to test out the card; it worked beautifully. Before I installed Oblivion, I went to the website and flashed my BIOS. When I went to restart my computer, it booted up, but it did not POST. I waited about 15 minutes, and after restarting, I disconnected everything except memory and a Radeon 9200 video card. It still did not post (or beep). I tried it without RAM, and it beeped so the speaker works. Then I proceeded to flip the jumpers on CLR_CMOS to "Clear" and made sure BIOS write protect was off. I turned the computer on, same thing. I repeated the process, and this time removed the lithion battery, and still nothing. Is there something I haven't done? I know the motherboard is pretty much crap, but I can't afford a motherboard (and I have a lot of important things on my hard drive). Just wondering if there is a step I haven't thought of or might have forgotten. Thanks guys

If your board is working the axiom is to 'not flash'. I'm sorry that this happened just when you've got a new card and all. Can you somehow locate the BIOS that you had ? Reinstall it. At least things would be working again. If you get that, won't your hardisk be O.K.? When I have a serious issue like this: I do my best to get to the product website & get an online tech chat going. There can be a lot of support out there if you really look. Try it. I know you want your PC back. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back