Motherboard light on but computer will not turn on

Hi guys please help me to turn this new computer on.
This is a new computer that i installed and it worked for a month until motherboard went faulty. I sent the motherboard back and got a new one but now i still cannot turn it on after i install everything correctly (i hope). The led light on motherboard is at green so it should be receiving power from psu but when i pressed the front panel switch to turn on and nothing happens. After the first few attemps the fans spins for 1 sec then went off. After that few attempts my computer simply does not respond when i press switch.

It shouldn't be a problem with my psu since i just bought a new psu to test and i still having the same problem.
I disconnect everything from motherboard except cpu, heatsink, 1 RAM and PSU but my computer still won't turn on.
I even pull the 2 pin switch wire out of the 2-pin slot on motherboard and try to turn my computer on by using screwdriver to touch the 2-pin slot on motherboard and no luck.
I insert LAN wire into back panel and no light come out.

My spec:
Corsair cx600
Intel CORE I3-2100 3.10GHZ
Asus P8P67 LE
Kingston ValueRAM 2GB 1333MHz DDR3
Coolermaster Elite 330 Case
Sapphire HD 5670 512MB GDDR5
Seagate 320GB SATA-III

Any chance they sent me a faulty motherboard again?
Any help would be grateful:)

Make sure that the motherboard is not shorting to the case. Place the motherboard outside the case on a piece of cardboard... Install the CPU/heatsink, memory, and video card. There's no need for a hard drive at this point. See if the board posts at all. Make sure you connect the 4 or 6 pin power supply plug to the connector near the CPU

ok here is what u should do if it doesnt work then u should send the entire pc back to be checked for manufacturing issues
first make sure ur PSU is powerful enough to run ur mobo cpu and VGA
then make sure its connected properly to the mobo and u didnt leave anything not connected, mobo power socket and there is other one near the cpu and some VGAs takes a link from the PSU as well.
take out ur ram clean it up with dry "very soft" tissue hold it from the tips "dont touch the black blocks on it" and carefully clean the end that goes into the mobo then clean the socket that the ram goes into with a soft brush. then install ur ram
make sure that the heatsink and the cpu fan are well placed and held tight to the cpu and the cpu fan is connected correctly into the 4-pen socket that says cpu fan1
make sure that ur VGA card is well placed and sealed and the monitor cable is connected and sealed also
then check the jumper that resets the bios making sure that its placed correctly
"resetting bios would be done with shifting this jumper's location on the 3-pen socket first 2 usually from the left would be on normal if u move it to the first 2 on the right and power on that would reset the bios but will not boot the system u'll have to change it back to the first 2 pens on the left again so the pc can boot up with a the bios at default"
if non of this helps u boot ur pc up then one of ur components are bad and u need a circuit tester "its like an expansion card with a lil digital monitor u put it in a pci slot and power on ur pc it shows the number of the circuit thats casing the trouble then its either the mobo or the part related to that circuit" to find out which part is bad or better to take it back to the place where u bought it from and GIVE'EM HELL until they fix it or replace it for u with a working one :)

edit: as Tmagic650 said check for shortage "forgot to mention that :)"

hey guys sorry to post this on an old thread but just new and aint got a clue how to post a new one im pretty much having the same issues as this guy anyways

my system is custom built everything is wired up according to the motherboards manual
when i turn on psu i get green led on the motherboard then when i go to switch on by front panel switch i get nothing not even a small movement of the fans
i started building this about a week ago and all parts are brand new and have just taken out and placed in case carefully in with a anti static wrist band on

my specs are
alpine 750w psu
asus 990fx motherboard
amd bulldoser 8 core 3.1ghz processor
corsair 8gb 1600mhz ram 2 module
ati something or other 1gb ddr3 graphics card cant remember the name as got it from a friend for cheep coz ran out of cash
all in a mars blue atx gaming case

any help would be apreciated cheers

Hello ghost1188,
you really should start your own thread or learn to read and follow the instructions given in the "hijacked" thread :rolleyes:

Try things like running the motherboard outside the case as I described here. Make sure that ALL the power supplies wires are connected to the motherboard, especially any near the CPU socket

yeah i did all that had it outside and on the anti static bag still the same tried with only one stick of ram in aswell still same problem
nd really sorry for hijacking thread was trying to find a button or something to make new one but couldnt find one

I had the same problem but I found a fix you need to replace the power supply box in the computer then it should work the problem was the power box was shot.

Last edited:
Back