Motherboard Memory Problem? P5Q Deluxe, crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having issues with this computer for awhile. It crashed randomly one day and we figured out that the motherboard had died, so we bought a new identical one, the P5Q deluxe. Upon installing that motherboard windows refused to boot, telling us a recent hardware change messed up the install, we attempted to reinstall windows, but the install came up with a different blue screen every time.
I tried removing one stick of RAM and installed windows 7 fresh on a new hard drive without any problems. I figured it must have been a bad stick of RAM so I took the working one out and tried the other and it worked fine with either, but not with both. I adjusted the slots I had the RAM in, putting the 2x2g sticks into the leftmost two slots (yellow then black) instead of yellow (empty black) yellow (empty black) which is how I believe it was on the old board. Windows recognized all the RAM, but now it crashes randomly giving me different errors.
Could this be a problem with the motherboard? Some bluescreens that come to mind are IRQL less or not equal, something about page faults, most of them are too short to see, the computer restarts. After the last crash I checked the event view and saw this
"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0xfffff88003317000, 0x000000000000000c, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff80002a82cfd). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 030610-18267-01."

Thanks in advanced,
mistashizzle

Have you tried raising or lowering the memory voltage settings in the bios a step or two?

I have not, it is currently set at [Auto] which it said was 1.8V which was right for my RAM.
newegg()com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146693

Should I turn it up or down, and would this be to make the RAM work in the slots it's in now or the way it used to be.

Just to be on the safe side, I'll advise you to run memtest as well; let it run for through the night and see whether it finds some issues with the RAM. Also post your minidumps for analysis. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back