Motherboard or Processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have built about 40 computers for friends and family I have just built one that has all the correct leads going to the correct places however - when I have put Vista on this system I bought everything from the shop today case, motherboard h/drive i mean everything

MSI motherboard
250gb H/Drive
AMD dual core processor 6000

problem is - it loads up correctly I can use Vista for about 20 mins it crashes like loads of mini pics of the last screen it happens most when i go to use the internet I have wiped the pc again and it doesnt crash I have used my memory that is the same as the new stuff and it works with both sets of memory I have changed all the leads gone back to basics and it still does it I have even changed the thermal compound on the processor and it still crashes the temp before it crashes it 27Degrees so i am thinking its the processor or the motherboard..

Please can someone advise me how to test these or can anyone tell me the problem

Thanks

Rick

Try installing a linux distro from a free download and test with linux to see if its just a windows driver issue ,or infact a hardware issue,as for Vista bin it and try Win7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back