motherboard wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznskater51

ok i just ordered all parts of my new computer such as proccessor power supply and mother board etc. so after connecting the parts together i finnaly turn the power on and the power switch is connected but the button when pushed wont start the computer. i have no clue why this is happening and the mother board model is EPOX EP-5VKMI Via Socket 775 MicroATX Motherboard help would be so much appreiciated thanks.

Welcome to techspot!

Are you getting ANYTHING? Fans spinning?

When you plug the PSU into the wall, do any led lights come on on the motherboard?

Most motherboards require two connections from the PSU. A 20pin (or 24pin) plus a 4 pin connection.

And also VERY important, did you put the riser pins under your motherboard (between your motherboard and case).

holy.... omg thanks so much yeh i figured the mother bored touched the metal cuzing power shortange and i put the pins in and its working now. thanks u so much

DonNagual said:
And also VERY important, did you put the riser pins under your motherboard (between your motherboard and case).

Very important tip - I always forget to do that in the excitement of setting up the new mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back