Mouse cursor goes off screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golferman443

Alright, everytime i move my mouse cursor to the right side of the screen it goes off it and i have to move it back and sometimes i loose it. This also happens with any kind of window i have up. I can move it off the screen, but it only does it on the right side of the screen. Can anyone help?

Do you have your screen adjusted right? It's possible to set a monitor so the image is too big to fit on the screen, and if so, this would let the mouse "dissapear" off the edge(s). Also, do you have a second monitor connected, if your computer detects two displays it could set the image to "horizontal span," which would make one image from two monitors, letting the mouse move between them.

It happened to me I just did the following:though it may not be an answer try this:
Start Menu>Run>Control Panel>Mouse>Pointer Options>Check Display Pointer Trails>Extend the Trails to Long...
It may not be an answer I told you, this is a temporary solution

open your video properties.(from your desktop.) then settings. there will be a display of 3 boxes. your main one and one or two others. right click on the second one and "attach" should be checked. uncheck it. that should fix your problem. im glad i could i could help.

It works but why?

hadoud76 said:
It happened to me I just did the following:though it may not be an answer try this:
Start Menu>Run>Control Panel>Mouse>Pointer Options>Check Display Pointer Trails>Extend the Trails to Long...
It may not be an answer I told you, this is a temporary solution

I was having the same problem with my cursor going off the right side of the screen as well as media player being off screen when maximized. I followed this suggestion and was amazed that it fixed both problems. I find that the mouse control panel is for the old mouse that I had before installing the current one and that may be the real culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back