Mouse problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizz

Sorry if this is in the wrong sectoin, im currently trying to navigate the web without a mouse.

So my problem is, my mouse isn't working. More specifically, the left click and right click buttons aren't working. I can move the mouse, but the two buttons aren't working. I've tried replugging the mouse and cleaning the ball but nothing seems to work. ANy ideas.

BTW, this happened when i turned the mains off from my PC as i was moving it.

EDIT: The mous is a Microsoft PS/2

If a PS/2 mouse, check the pins on the mouse and the sockets in the PS/2 port. Sometimes pins get bent, sometimes dirt gets into the socket buggaring up the connection. Otherwise, PS/2 mouse is remarkably rugged unless it gone water on it or suffered a hard impact. You can use canned air such as dust off to clean it.
If it is a wireless mouse, through it out. They typicall have the highest failure rate of any computer hardware.
If it is a usb mouse, check the usb plug and change to another usb socket.
Mouse hardware on the computer (other than the bent pins) will rarely fail.

A new mouse can be had at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Dollar Stores, Walgreens, and Circuit City for $6.95. Good USB ones by Logitech are $29.95 Salvation Army, HabiStore, White Elephant, and other such rehabilitation centers usually sell for $1.00 to $2.00.

Unfortunately, i don't have another mouse available to try. But im sure my mouse should be working fine. I haven't dropped it and its under 2 years old.

Ive tried changing the primary functions, iv checked the double click speed. Nothing seems to work

EDIT: Also, the pins are fine. Im convinced that this has something to do with settings being reset when i turned the mains off. I've tried using the troubleshooting program on my computer...but i can't click on the options that im supposed to 'click'. Im finding this situation very streefull/funny XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back