Mouseover flash drive question

Soundguy585

Hello All. I have been researching the reason why I cannot get the data balloon when I mouseover the inserted flash drive in "my computer". I am using windows xp x64. I get the balloon for the hard drives, cd drives. Is it just not programmed into windows or is something wrong. Any help is appreciated. Thanx.

Are you talking about this? Drive.JPGIf you are, I don't get a balloon when I mouse over my flashdrive. But when I right click it, I get the info.Yes,that balloon is my C:Drive.

It won't be programmed because a plugged-in device on a USB connector can be pretty well anything - camera, mouse, keyboard, printer, flash drive etc etc. It would be a lot of code for the device to be interrogated by the OS, explain what it is, and report free space or whatever, just for no real reason at all.....you are drawing attention to one of the reasons win7 is a huge bloated thing over the size of XP :)

Thank you gbhall for your insightful reply. I kinda figured it was something that was not meant to be. It's no big problem, I just thought it would be nice to be able to do.

Back