Moving emails one machine to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoidberg666

Hey,

I need to move some emails from a Outlook 6 machine to one with Office 2003. I've been reading on how to do it and there was something about a pst file, only outlook 6 doesnt seem to have that file. Can someone please help me, thanks.

You`ll have to setup Outlook Express on the "Outlook machine",then transfer files from Express machine - HERE or HERE

Then,import into Express on the Outlook machine,then import into Outlook. - HERE

You can also simply use the" Import "function in Outlook to transfer the info directly from Outlook express, especially if Express is on the same machine or you can network the two machines, or copy the Data file from Express to a CD.
Just read the Help file for instructions.
Outlook will look after the File name conversion automatically.

The import function isnt working. I'v tried everything. Basically Outlook 6 which is on a Win98 machine will not be imported by the new XP machine. I dont know what else I can do.

I've zipped files, moved folders. I have the old Windows 98 hard drive as a slave to the XP drive and its not importing from that. So I give up.

Also this message kept coming up:
The mail folder could not be opened. If another application is using this file, please close and try again.

How can it be open when its on another hard drive?

zoidberg666 said:
So I give up.
That`s not allowed on Techspot.

Navigate to the Express store folder on the 98 drive.0n my PC it`s
C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Identities\{C3A72583-ABC1-11DA-B3BD-00064F1E1776}\Microsoft\Outlook Express
Copy it to the desktop of your master drive.

Then navigate to the .wab file (address book)
on mine it`s C:\Windows\Application data\Microsoft\Address book\... then copy that to the desktop.

Open Express and attempt to import them.If successful,open Outlook and import from Express.

It might be easier,if you put the 98 drive back in the old PC,and just exported those to
a CD as explained in one of those links above.Here even. - Microsoft link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back