MP3 output in HiFi

By rliu
Jun 16, 2007
  1. Not really soundcard related but I want to plug my MP3 player into my hifi output, is this possible through the headphones jack or anywhere else? Please advise.
  2. Ididmyc600

    Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,415


    Most new Hifi's (and some old ones) have RCA inputs on the back, they may be marked "Video" or similar, you need the correct lead available from any good electrical shop and it will work fine, just plug the headphone socket into the MP3 player and the other into the back of the HIFI, select the correct input on the HIFI and enjoy music LOUD

  3. rliu

    rliu TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 55

    Hello, thanks for that, what lead would I be looking for though?
  4. Ididmyc600

    Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,415

    Take a picture of the back of the stereo unit showing what sockets are avialable then take that and your MP3 player to an electronic shop and they should be able to help you out.

    Or if you have the handbook for the HIfi unit take that.

    I cant tell you what lead as I dont know what Hifi you have.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...