MP3's Take Too Long To Display/Load

Status
Not open for further replies.

out2late

Hi everyone
When I open my mp3 folder, which has about 5,000 songs, all the icons take a long time to load. If I move the botton slider deeper into the list of songs, I have to wait for the files/songs to catch up to the position I'm at. If I move the slider toward the end of the list it seems like tomorrow until all the song icons appear properly. Now once thay all are loaded here is my second problem... if I move the slider back and forth quickly, the songs appear to reload again and play catch up to the new position that I am in within the folder. I am using "list" to view my mp3's.
When you open the attachment you can see what the song icons look like as they play catch up to the position of the slider.

Computer Info:
Intel P4
2.0 GHz
768 Ram
40gig HD

Thanks

Attachments

• Songs Loading.JPG
    Songs Loading.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 6
it sounds like you have way too many files in a single folder.....try separating them and its guaranteed to load faster.

Maybe increasing the number of cached icons could help.

It requires editing registry:

Run regedit, then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer.

Create a new String Value called "Max Cached Icons". Set it to 8000.

Naturally, with Windows, you need to restart for it to take effect, and even after that, it may take a while until the cache is rebuilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back