MSI’s tablet due in second quarter at $500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Hot on the heels of Apple's iPad, MSI has released more information about its upcoming tablet device. According to company sales director Sambora Chen, the slate will run Google's Android operating system, feature a 10-inch color capacitive touchscreen, and an Nvidia Tegra 2 chip.

MSI plans to launch various models of its tablet based on market demand, with a range of "flexible" specifications to meet various consumer needs. Among the expected niceties is a front-mounted camera, allowing users to record themselves while in front of the tablet.

At least one SKU will cost $500, which is the same price point Apple and Asus seem to be after, and the device is expected to launch sometime in the second half of this year -- shortly after Apple ships the iPad, and around the time Asus launches its Eee Pad.

*Image taken by Liliputing.com

Permalink to story.

Beautiful, I love it! This seems to be much more functional, and a much nicer solution to the iPad!

On the software side (how flawless it works), I thing apple has the upper hand, but IMHO, the lack of flash based content puts the ipad at second place when using it as an internet browser...

I won't be buying a tablet just yet, weill wait for prices to be a little lower and the specs to be higher, I saw a tablet PC at a college interview, was running Vista and had higher specs than the Ipad, and this thing, so tablets have got worse if u ask me.

hehe yer. I kinda want one, but hate buying stuff to find a new better one released a few months later. (IE my PS3, my Phone, my Monitor, and a cheaper Higher spec PC, Windows 7) I bought Vista Ultimate cheap, and Windows want £179 for 7 Ultimate becuase I was A DAY out of the upgrade thing. I will buy the student deal when it starts again in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back