Multiple Computers -- One Set of Speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have three comuters, all with Soundcards, but I have only been running one of the computers through a Creative Labs 5.1 speaker system. I've been using the digital connection from the soundcard (Creative Labs Audigy) to the speaker set. All of my computers have the same sound card, which leads me to my question; does anyone know of a way to hook up all three comuters to a single set of speakers, preferably using the digital connection?

I don't mind using an external device to manage the setup, but I would like something that will be outputting the sound from all three computers at the same time. I tend to use only one computer at a time, so I'm not worried about one comouter stepping on another computer...

Any help would be appreciated!

TIA!

--Zoxxo

You could use some sort of cable splitter, but I dunno about 3 times.

I'm not certain if there's a device that would serve as a sound hub, but you might as well look.

Oh yeah! D'oh, I wasn't thinking of home theater stuff. Yeah you can do it. Don't know how much it would be though. :giddy:

I have the sound output from several machine's sound cards feeding into my amplifier. but they are on seperate channels, of course. some of the machines have a small additional set of speakers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back