Inactive Multiple IE Windows, PC Slowing Down and Other Woes

I was having problems with my Laptop slowing right down and it getting very hot such that the fan is on constantly. I also noticed that even without iexplore,exe running I appeared to have several copies of the process, including iexplore32* on a 64 bit machine. I am running Trend Micro AV, and it appeared that one of the other processes chewing up CPU was their AMSP. Several scans and re-install of Trend made no difference, and my machine even shut down due to temperature when I had very little running.

Did some searches and came across this forum which tended to suggest some virus or malware or something. I started to follow one of the threads performing the relevant steps, right through to ComboFix. This is currently still generating a log after re-boot (been set there for 15+ minutes now and I cant start task manager). At this point, reading more about ComboFix, I realise it is not for the amateur.

So I guess I am after help. I have already run Malwarebytes, DDS, GMER, MBRcheck and now ComboFix. ComboFIx is the only thing that claimed to be doing anything, but I feel I may have gone too far.

Welcome aboard

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

======================================

Post DDS and Malwarebytes logs.

Dear Broni,

Thanks for the support. I am going to do a complete system re-build (as my machine probably could do with it anyway). However, I have a colleague who is experiencing a similar issue and I keep getting the same email from him so I have asked him to follow up with you. I have told him to run DDS and Malwarebytes and to post the logs here by cutting and pasting the information into a message. I will keep monitoring his progress.

Thanks in advance.

Back