Multiple Vista 64 BSODs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a couple of BSODs in the past week or so. One of them happened in the middle of playing a game, and cited 'memory management'. The other two happened when the computer was idle - once when I was at work, and once (just now) when I was asleep.

The computer also recently ran a chkdsk on my C: drive on a restart (after I restarted because it was behaving a bit weirdly), which did not appear to come up with any errors.

None of the bugchecks are the same - I have a 0x1a, a 0x7E and a 109.

All three minidumps seem to cite ntoskrnl.exe. Can someone who knows what they are doing take a look and see whether there's a pattern to them or not?

Your one error, the 0x7E, specifically cited memory corruption. Your 0x109 error can be caused by hardware issues and RAM can be one of them.

First thing to do is run Memtest on your RAM: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results after running for a mininimum of 7 Passes (8 individual tests per Pass).

I ran Memtest, and one of my sticks of RAM was bad (it errored out immediately every time, including after reseating and in a different slot). The other one appears to be fine - it passed tests in multiple different slots. I am going to get a replacement stick of RAM tomorrow.

Thanks very much, I think the problem is solved (hopefully, anyway).

Good. Glad you discovered the root of your problem. Corrupted memory can cause all kinds of issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back