Music taste?

Hey guys
I'm new to this site. I'll be straight up and say i stumbled upon this site looking for help as i imagine most people do.
I don't want to just spam and get 5 posts in so i can ask for help because that seems a bit rude..idk. So yeah..lol
I want to know what kind of music are you guys into? Personally I listen to rock and hip hop. A little bit of everything.
Some rock bands i like are: Bullet for my valentine, Atreyu, Escape the Fate The Killers, 30 seconds to mars, and others
hip hop: Akon, flo rida, black eyed peas, lil wayne

how about you guys?

I think there is a pretty large number of last.fm users here - we even have a Techspot group. Take a look at http://www.last.fm/group/TechSpot - you'll also notice that many who did not join the group are actually just using the same nick on the TS forums as in Last.fm

Like Papa said, I'm in the TS group too, here is my individual page: http://www.last.fm/user/gammaxi1275/

Here are my top 15 artists and their play count.
1 Ratatat 1,112
2 System of a Down 1,027
3 Sublime 981
4 Portishead 699
5 Regina Spektor 617
6 Ludovico Einaudi 582
7 Tori Amos 567
8 Muse 554
9 Ronald Jenkees 535
10 Dido 522
11 Rage Against the Machine 519
12 Tool 464
13 Eminem 463
14 Nirvana 452
15 Gorillaz 450

Those are since I got my account, if you look at my last year/6 months/3 months its significantly different.

Not being prejudiced, to me there are just 2 kinds of music: what sounds good and what doesn’t. The sub-categories: rock, pop, folk, country, classical, foreign, oldies, instrumental etc, are only relevant for classification purposes, not for choosing.

Electronica mostly: The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, etc
Some metal: Children of Bodom, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Dethklok

+Muse, Chili Peppers, and USS (my favourite)

I listen to a mix of classical rock and classical music. There are some exceptions, but those are my main genres.

I listen to a mix of classical rock and classical music. There are some exceptions, but those are my main genres.

Wow that's really close to what I like!

I like classic rock bands like no connection, and orchestra music from games. I will also occasionally Liston to techno but only if its really good. I have had some trouble finding any music as good as the music in game soundtracks though.

Classical rock like V.S.O.P. I'm into classical too, The Beatles, New Wave, Pop, Metal. I'm not into Hip Hop though.

My top bands are slipknot, metallica, muse, and system of a down. They are all in their own genre of music, so that tells you what I listen to. I think I'll look into the last.fm page now....

oh and dont forget CCR

I thought I was largely ecclectic and could listen to almost any type of music - but having just had to endure 3 hours of Craftwerk at work, I now know what to use if I'm ever in a situation where I need to torture someone, Jack Bauer stylee!

Hi Guys,

I really love ABBA.
I went to the exhibition in london and it was fantastic. I found out loads of ABBA facts i didnt know.
While i was down there i saw an ABBA Tribute Band called ABBA Sensation.
They were fab.
I found there website: www.abbasensation.com
Please check them out even if you arent a fan of ABBA.

Barbershop all the way, lol. And no, i'm not talking about the movie, i'm talking about barbershop quartet. There's nothing like complex, 4 part, a capella harmony. There are some groups that really ruin the genre, but there are others (like OC Times, Vocal Spectrum http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEDFgI_I-X0&feature=related, Max Q, Crossroads, and The Acoustix) that really bring a good sound to the genre.

Other than that, I listen to some of the big bands (Glenn Miller, Duke Ellington, Benny Goodman), and some of the newer big band type stuff (Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Cherry Poppin Daddies), I like stuff from World War II (The Andrews Sisters) and modern takes on them (The Puppini Sisters). I have to be in the mood for smooth jazz and classical, but they have been known to play on my computer. And then I like oldies, oldies rock, contemporary Christian, southern gospel (Gaither Vocal Band, Ernie Hasse and Signature Sounds, The Cathedrals), some pop and hip hop, choral, a LITTLE bit of rap, some metal and rock...and that's about all I can think of for now.

As long as it isn't screaming and I can actually understand the words, chances of me liking it are good, lol

something of an Australian theme / rant

As a classical violinist however, its obviously classics and opera
violin is kind on the ears but opera is for :zzz:
ABBA was great, while it lasted
go see the Musical or the Film or buy it for reminiscing purposes in theory it will last as long as you remember the last bar of harmony :rolleyes:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/03/16/2847484.htm
I haven't really been disappointed by any of the posts in choices in preferred listening pleasure, although we in AUS have had the great fortune of witnessing Whitney Houston upon our shores. And the last bars of her current fixtures were less than can be imagined, apparently ear muffs could have helped the listener ;)
so what to add 13Mb of listening pleasure (add probably as much again as is not on HDD)
Midnight oil
Hoodoo Gurus
Kylie Minogue
AC/DC
Crowded House
Mental as Anything
Kate Cerberano
Kasey Chambers
John Farnham
INXS
Vanessa Amorosi
Spider Bait
Silverchair
Screaming Jets
Powder Finger
Paul Kelly
Divinyals
Charlie Mcmahon & Gondwana
Cold Chisel
Jimmy Barnes
Australian Crawl
Black Sorrows
Alex Lloyd
Bee Gees
Christine Anu
Paul Mac
Rouge Traders
Something for Kate
The Whitlams
Yothu Yindi
Then there is all the usual suspects; Jimi Hendrix, Santana, Ray Charles, BB King, Muddy Waters, Bob Marley and the Whalers, James Brown, Mary J Blige, Diana Ross & the Supremes, Tracy Chapman, Macy Grey, Michael Jackson...John Lee Hooker
And back to mainstream with U2, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Evanescence, Bon Jovi, Billy Idol, Moby, Jet, Pink Floyd, Pink, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Scissor Sisters, Eric Clapton, ELO, ZZ Top, Audioslave, David Bowie, Guns n Roses, Alice Cooper with Slash, Phil Collins, Radiohead, The Doors, KD Lang, Jack Johnson.
And big band sounds too Frank Sinatra, John Coltrane, Neil Diamond
Did I forget John Lennon and the Beatles

Ooh, you got some great ones there. Sinatra, Coltrane...and I LOVE Evanescence. You should also check out Nightwish. Kind of the same type of style.

so go Finnish

You should also check out Nightwish. Kind of the same type of style
only thing I had previously heard about them was a running - joke on 'the Late Show with David Letterman' must have been around 2005.....didn't quite get the humour at the time as the "pun" centred on the word 'dust'. Now though I understand because when you say of a band / music group, that the lead singer "must have some swallowed dust" it brings a theatrical "pose" of resting a handkerchief over the front-centre microphone. Something Whitney Houston may well consider it her current "cough-cough-cough" shows continue :p

Leonard Cohen

Hey, anyone ever tried Cohen? He is the poet of music. He can bring the right emotion to the right tune.
o.gif

I'm an alternative-rock, hard-rock and heavy-metal music lover, I also like rock, blues, some jazz, classical, flamenco, and so on. My all-time favourite band is Pink Floyd, I was born and I will die listening to it. Here's a list of my favourite bands:

-Deep Purple (I've seen them twice!)
-Led Zeppelin
-Black Sabbath (and all Ozzy's material)
-AC/DC
-Iron Maiden
-Creedence Clearwater Revival
-Radiohead
-Queen
As I am from Argentina, these are some spanish-languaje bands/artists I love:

-Everything related to Carlos Alberto "Charly" García (Rock, blues, and many others)
-Everything related to Luis Alberto Spinetta (Rock, blues, jazz, and many)
-Everything related to Norberto "Pappo" Napolitano (Heavy metal, hard-rock, blues, jazz, rock, others) -R.I.P-
-Divididos (rock, hard-rock, folk-rock, blues, etcetera)
-Almafuerte (Heavy metal, hard rock, argentinian folklore, tango - I strongly recommend this band for those metal lovers and guitar players)
-Patricio Rey y sus redonditos de ricota (rock, blues)
-La renga (rock, hard-rock, some blues)

And lots of other bands I dont mention. I love playin guitar, so it's not a surprise that I'm into music with great guitar players. But, I just like guitar players playing in bands, I don't like solo players, like Satriani, Vai, and so on; except for "Paco de Lucia", he's probably the best guitar player on earth.

Well, goodbye!

Back