Not open for further replies.
hi, i put together my first computer and i used:
- seagate barracuda 7200 250gb
- amd athlon 36 3000+
- asus a8n-e motherboard
- corsair 2x512mb
- antec truepower 480W atx 12v
- sapphire radeon 9800 pro

when i start up my computer it looks like everythings fine, fans working, lights are on, drive opens and closes, but theres no display on the monitor :( .
i think it could be the video card, because all the fans but the one one my video card are spinning, but other than that i'm clueless. Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Have you connected the card to the powersupply?

Look HERE for instructions on how to do this.

Regards Howard :wave:

Also make sure that your monitor's contrast/brightness is where it should be. A lot of kids at my school love to mess with these setttings in our library, it makes the computers look dead.

well i guess i figured out what the problem was, its the power, but now i have another problem. I dont have a 4 pin connector on the back of my harddrive i only have 2 L-shaped connections on the back of it. Does anyone know if there is an adapter i could use. or will it be easier just to get a new video card? thanks for the help thou you guys

You can connect you card directly to your psu if your psu has a spare molex connector available.

Do you have the cable that came with the card?

Regards Howard :)

yup, but i think the real problem is that the video card isnt fitting into the slot
I dont want to force it for fear of breaking somthing

also i dont think my card is compatible with my motherboard

If this is card fits into an agp slot, there might be an agp lock that you need to open.

This consisits of a small piece of plastic that slides out. You then insert your card, and slide the lock back which will hold you card in the slot.

Regards Howard :)

i dunno if my mother board has an agp slot thou, it has a pci express slot that fits x1 x4 x8 x16 cards.

do you think it will still work?

maybe theres an adaptor
if not i guess i'm stuck with returning the video card?

I`ve just been looking at your mobo manual.

No your mobo doesn`t have an agp slot, it uses the pci-e slot instead.

I assume that you graphics card is in the pci-e format. Look on the packaging that the card came in for details.

You just have to insert the card into the pci-e slot. This may require a little firm pressure to get it to fit into the slot properly.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back