My Flash Drive won't install and won't be recognized

Hi .. I'm new to techspot so it would help me if I could get some pointers on how to solve my hard drive problem .. ..

So, basically I have a flash drive - Data Traveller - 8 GB that won't be recognized.. ..

I tried every solution online ... reinstalling,, disabling then enable it again,, but nothing seems to work.
I also tried uninstalling it then searching for hardware devices to add but it took so much time that I think the computer can't find the device. Though I tried the troubleshooting method where I checked for updates then installing all updates, nothing still changed.. ..

I saw a post in this website and I tried doing that but I'm already at a loss as to what to do next. I tried the one that said to delete setupapi.dev.log located in windows/inf then uninstalling my driver in device manager and then scanning for hardware again.. .. but a pop up appeared saying my driver wasn't successfully installed.

I tried doing it again but still the same.. ..

I don't already know what the problem was since as what was mentioned in that post,, my driver is working properly
(mentioned in the problem driver where this one appeared - Unknown Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0000\6&1401366A&0&3 This device is working properly.)

So what other options do I have?

Have you tried the flash drive on other computers? If it fails on other computers too, it's probably the flash drive failed. Let us know

Have you tried the flash drive on other computers? If it fails on other computers too, it's probably the flash drive failed. Let us know
I have the same problem this guy is having, and I have tried it on several computers. However, it is not working still, I have gone computer manager, and the disk management, and uninstalled and reinstalled it, I have disabled and re- enabled it, and still it stays the same, and says there is a problem with the code 000000A?

These things are now unbelievably cheap. Throw it out and buy another rather than spending ages messing around with it.

Back