My flash drive won't open

bigwat

i recently plunged in my flash drive, no auto play comes up, in my computer it gice the drive name but the name of the flash drive itself isn't there, it's just saying removable drive yet it is named.

It works fine in other pc's but not this one....any help?

There was "supposedly" a MS patch issued months ago that was supposed to kill the auto play function. Mine still works thou:confused:

Oh. maybe i misunderstood the problem. Do you mean you can plug in and read/write to the flash just fine? it's just that autorun doesn't open up the flash as a folder for you?? in which case, no need to uninstall or USB storage drivers (unless you just want to clean them up anyway)

What version of Windows are you running? There are tools that can turn autorun on/off if that's just the problem

it's actually that each time the flash drive is plugs in no auto run comes up,which really does not matter, but the drive name is changed form the real name(the one i named it) to the original name (removable drive).

I tried it in a PC with windows 7 and after trying to check the drive (properties>tools>check now) it freezes at the start and then i have to cancel it. in disk management it dosent pick it up so i cannot format it.....Any ideas?

it's actually that each time the flash drive is plugs in no auto run comes up,which really does not matter, but the drive name is changed form the real name(the one i named it) to the original name (removable drive).

OK, I have a similiar situation, I think. I have a flashdrive that when I put it in, it shows up as G:Traveldrive because the name on the flashdrive is travel drive.

Back