My laptop's blank screen

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this, but I couldn't find any other section to do this.

So I have a Compaq Presario laptop with Windows 7. I was just playing some games on it and then I was going to go to sleep and my laptop wouldn't turn off normally, so I pressed the button to turn it off, now when I press the button to turn it on, it turns on, shows the Compaq sign/screen and then goes blank. I've no idea what could be wrong, could somebody help me please?

Laptop won't turn back on?

Press the power button, and quickly tap the F8 key. A black screen will show with some white text. Use your arrow keys, and highlight the 'safe mode' option. press enter.
When windows is completely loaded, it will look strange, don't worry about that. Go to 'Start' and choose 'Restart', and all should be back to normal.

Thanks I'll try that now

Edit: Nothing comes up, but when I get the blank screen and I turn my AC Adaptor on/off the screen changes colour - just thought it might help.
Also when I press any key during the blank screen, it makes a weird noise.

Laptop won't power up..

Ok. Try switch on laptop, press F8 straight away. You should now be on 'safe mode' screen. Can you see an option for 'Use last good configuration settings' ?
Select that. When you switch Laptop on, do you see the usual first (black) screen, before windows starts to load? Any text on that screen?

Still doesn't work, I looked through all the options at the bottom of the screen and F8 isn't on there, so I'm guessing there is no safe mode either. Also, I just tried re-installing my windows with a CD, but it still doesn't work.

Are you sure you cannot get 'Safe mode' screen up at all?
(power on, Tap 'F8' function key quickly about 8 times)
You should be in 'options' screen, showing 3 'safe' options. But further down the list, can you see 'Last known good configuration' Use arrow keys and select.
If you can't see that screen, a possible cause is the BIOS software has been corrupted.

Back