My microphone is not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so my laptop, Tecra S1 Toshiba (The worst laptop ever made), has its own built in mic so I don't need a mic in order to record or game talk. So the problem is my microphone has a very low volume by that meaning when I record something on windows recorder or ventrilo, the sound is very low. In games such as CS, the mic sounds is fine and seem to work perfectly. I reinstalled my windows along with my sound drivers. Any ideas would be great. Thank you in advance.

P.S. Yes, I did crank up all the volumes in sound device settings and it's selected to microphone for talking not line in or anything else.

just a quick thought: have you tried the 20dB boost? it helped for me. you need to go to the sound settings. Click options and enable 'advanced controls'. I assume your mic is already in that list. if not , click 'options' 'properties' and enable it. Now search for 'microphone' in the list. and 'advanced' beneath it. Click it, and it should say 1:20dB boost somewhere at the bottom.

There are some great USB mics available. I use a Logitech USB mic and it works great! The 20db boost causes massive feed back in some cases

thanks

my system just died and i had to reset every thing even open my laptop!!
to fix it and so since there were a lot of default settings i didnt know that my mic didnt
enable boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back