My new PC won't boot into BIOS. No error beeping. Red DRAM LED lit. (+pictures)

ENDZYM3

It's my very first build. Put it together last night, but ran into some problems.
Woke up early to try and get help so I can (hopefully) have it running by today.

MOBO: Asus M4AGTD PRO
GPU: EVGA GeForce 560 Ti (fermi)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 975
PSU: Antec Earthwatts EA-750

Before turning the power on.
jJQbK.jpg

After turning the power on.
YdYa9.jpg

I've tried reseating the battery to reset the BIOS. Nothing.

I'll be close to my laptop all day, so I'm available.
Will provide extra pictures if requested.

Also, I think my cable management is terrible. Is it? Maybe it's just me.

Anyways, thanks in advance.

I don't know if I see well on the pictures but do you have RAM stick installed on it? As on the picture it seems to be empty or it is my eyes playing with me.

Yes, it's installed.
At first, I thought it was because I placed them in the wrong slot (A2-B2), which technically, i did.
The motherboard guide advises that the RAM goes in the blue "A1 and B1" slots first.

When I put them in the correct positions, it still wouldn't boot up.

I called customer support, and they said that my RAM wasn't under the QVL.
/facepalm

It was such a simple solution. :haha:

I'll come back to this thread if I need any further assistance, but for right now, I'm A-Okay.

Okay, so I went back and got the RAM listed under the Qualified Vendor's List, but it still won't boot. No beep. No nothing.

Same problem as before. What do I do now?

Discovered that my CPU isn't supported either.
Kinda wishing Fry's would've helped me out a bit more, but I can really only blame myself.
Anyways, requesting an RMA tomorrow and returning it to get the X4 975, which is actually supported.

I could also have a power supply problem.
Motherboard requires EATX and I have only have ATX and EPS connectors for my power supply.

Okay, got the right CPU. I was told that EPS is the same thing as EATX.
I finally got my mobo to beep. It's telling me that it isn't detecting my memory.

What do I do? I even made sure that my RAM was under the QVL.

Back