My PC is automaticaly shutting down, help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
My pc is shutting down time after time, I thought it was from my OS, Ive done formatting, but the problem showed up again.
When Im trying to install the Widnwos XP and its time to press enter to start setup on C: drive it is still shutting down.
Please help me! How can I solve the problem?

Hello and welcome to Techspot!

First thing you'll want to check is your CPU temperatures. If it gets too hot, your system will automatically turn itself off to prevent permanent damage. Sounds like this could be your problem.

Download and install this software:
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/547-speedfan.html

And let us know what kind of temperatures you are hitting, as well as what your CPU is. Pentium? Athlon? What speed is it?

I have checked Temperature of my PC and its clear normal.
I tried to find some thing in BIOS that could automaticaly turn my pc off I cant. There isnt any.
The temperature inside of case is really cool, so any other thoughts?

My Temperature is hitting approximetly 25-35C
My Pc parameter:
Celeron 600Mhz
RAM 64

Ive tried to change my power unit, but the result was the same, so point is not in it.
Now Im trying to remove my LAN card and see how long it will be working without rebooting.

Also in the meantime boot into safemode, go to Control Panel/System/Advanced/Startup and Recovery and uncheck automatically re-boot on errors...

patio. :cool:

I have a similar problem to yours.I formatted my pc and from there he would automatically reboot and then then turn off straight away.I tried to format again but it just got worse,I wasn't even able to complete the format and now my pc barely even turns on.When it does turn on the green light on the pc box does appear leaving my screen black all the time.I need serious help.

Tedster said:
your PSU could be failing

That or you are not on a UPS...
You need for a 600mhz PC at least 300 watts PS inside, and a nice uninterruptable, sustained Power Supply on the outside. If your pc is hooked either straight into the wall or into one of those power strips, any surges/spikes/lags from your electric company, slight as they can be, can cause a shutdown.

Now don't tell me you guys running it off a generator, lol...

same problem

I am having a very big problem with my pc, it will randomly shut down the light on the pc will stil be on but the moniter will say no signal.

when i manage to get the pc up and running i cant run more than one process at a time, i play world of warcraft on the pc and it vary rarly shuts down when i get playing. It only shuts down when i enter a city and i have alot of lag.

i have just purchased a new power pack and it still shuts down i changed the ram, the hardrive, the graffics card, the sound card, network card and have run a program to monitor the temp and it isn't over heating.

i'm at a huge speedbump here and have no more ideas of what it could be could anyone help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back