My PC is not starting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragne2

Motherboard is p4sgl-vm.
the other day my dad pulled the plug out of my pc. 2 days later i realized he pulled the plug out of the switch and then pushed it back in.
Later on that week i realized that when i pushed in the start button, it wouldn't start.
NOTHING WOULD HAPPEN
I then checked all the power cords and they were all fine, i even checked the switch the PC was plugged into.
so i decided to turn the power off by using the switch on the wall, and i noticed: the mother board LED light, next to the motherboard battery, turned off, so i came to a conclusion that there is no problem with the power supply, cords or leads.

Does my story of my PC problems make sense?
Why does this happen?
What is causing it?
How do i fix this?
Do u think it could be the power supply?

Here is a sometimes tedious but tried and true way you can attempt to determine what hardware is giving you the problem.

Unattach everything from your motherboard and power supply except the power supply to your motherboard, your cpu and one stick of RAM. Nothing else should be installed to the motherboard or power supply.

Now boot-up. If it doesn't boot-up it is most likely either the power supply or the motherboard. You can test the power supply with a multimeter.

If it does boot-up then shut-down and add one piece of hardware and boot-up again. If it boots-up repeat and so on.

one of the connectors had some problems, if u slightly moved it, it would shut down the pc. so my dad replaced it with a new one. doing what you said helped us find the problem.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back