My Poor lil Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! maybe you can help me with a little problem I'm having since i upgraded my PC this weekend.
I have a USB Geniuss Optical Netscroll+ mouse which worked fine on my old motherboard(MSI K7N) but this weekend I upgraded to my new motherboard (MSI K8N Neo plat) and now windows doesnt detect my mouse when it starts up, I have to keep unpluging it and plugging it back in before windows detects it, any ideas why this is happening. I have Windows XP with Service pack1 loaded

Welcome to TechSpot

I can't find your mouse-model in USB on the Genius website.
There should be a USB-PS/2 adapter with it.
Start-up with that mouse in PS/2 mode (or use any other PS/2 mouse if you have no adapter).
Then check that you have installed the NVidia USB drivers that came with your mobo on the CD.
Next insert the mouse in a USB-port. Select a standard USB-driver that XP offers (if any). Install the Genius mouse-drivers once the mouse works.

Reboot to make sure it still works

Let us know how you get on.

I have installed the USB driver and the USB patch that was supplied with the Mobo but it dont make any difference, I'll try connecting it as P/S-2 see if that helps, thanks for the help :)

Did you uninstall all the drivers for your old motherboad? Did you install the chipset drivrs for your new motherboard?

Did you enable USB mouse support in your system BIOS under "Advanced Chipset Features"?

I formatted my hard drive when I built the PC thought it would be better to start off freash hehe, and the USB mouse support is on in the BIOS, the mouse works fine with the PS/2 adapter, but still windows doesnt want to automaticly detect it on start up, maybe i'll just leave the adapter and move on with life :D

You might as well leave the adapter on there if it is working fine. It also frees up another USB port on your computer.

BTW :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back