Name that lead in one

By alanem ยท 4 replies
Jul 29, 2008
  1. I've jut got a video grabber to put all my old VHS tapes on to DVD. I'm trying to sort out the audio lead from my VCR to the PC and I'm not sure how to describe the connectors. At the VCR end they should be red/white male connectors and at the PC to go into the microphone socket or that's where I think it goes. If I guess I know I'll get it wrong and Maplins is miles away
  2. BAW

    BAW TS Rookie Posts: 16

  3. Obi-Wan Jerkobi

    Obi-Wan Jerkobi TS Maniac Posts: 502

    You're looking for something like this. It's called a "Stereo Y-Cable".

    The two red and white RCA connect to the back of the VCR and the 3.5mm(Or 1/8") plug goes into either the "Audio In"(Blue 3.5mm jack) or the "Microphone"(Pink 3.5mm jack).
  4. fimbles

    fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,185   +208

  5. alanem

    alanem TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 21

    Thanks to all involved.. the job's a blinder!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...