Need a driver

momslooney

Been looking for a driver for hours for Blueendless 2.5" HDD 80GB USB2.0 portable removable external hard drive. I've looked all over and haven't been able to find a driver or even firmware for this. I plugged it into an old xp laptop I have and it gave me an hardware id of usb\\vid_13fd&pid_1040&rev_0106 so I downloaded w/e driver came up for that and installed. But it doesn't seem to be the right driver. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. I'm running windows 10 64bit if that info helps

You shouldn't need a driver to setup a USB portable hard drive. Windows can handle these natively.

If the drive is not working it would suggest another problem -- either the drive is now faulty or there is an issue with USB on the machine in question.

I tested both the drive and usb, both are working. Windows 10 isn't picking up the drive at all and all I have in device manager for the drive is it showing as an unknown usb device. Windows can't seem to find a driver for this device and neither can I.

I'd say the same as Leeky. It shouldn't require extra drivers. It's maybe a bulky version of the traditional pen drive with a slightly higher capacity. I now keep well clear of anything but top brands. You can get a 32GB or 64Gb pen drive for very little money now.

I tested both the drive and usb, both are working. Windows 10 isn't picking up the drive at all and all I have in device manager for the drive is it showing as an unknown usb device. Windows can't seem to find a driver for this device and neither can I.

Do you have any updated chipset drivers from your computer or motherboard manufacturer?

You can try uninstalling the USB driver in question, with the drive removed. Then insert the hard drive again and it should automatically grab the driver it needs.

Back